- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Extra Teeth Issue 2
December 31, 2019
Deadline: December 31st, 2019
Payment: £100 for each selected piece, as well as two copies of the magazine
Theme: We look for short stories that stick with you, lingering in the memory long after reading, and essays that explore specific interests or issues from a new perspective. We offer a space for writers to be strange, bold and experimental, and to express their unique style however they see fit.
Submissions are now open!
The deadline for this submission period, for publication in Extra Teeth Issue Two (May 2020), is December 31st 2019.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Please send one piece only to [email protected] during each submissions period, with SHORT STORY: [TITLE] or ESSAY: [TITLE] in the subject line.. We will strive to get back to you within four months, and will contact you whether or not your piece has been accepted. Editors’ decision is final. We understand that it is unrealistic to ask you not to submit pieces elsewhere during this period, but if you need to withdraw a submission please email to let us know ASAP.
- We do not set a theme for each issue; please feel free to send your best work on any topic.
- Authors should send one piece only per submissions period.
- Submissions should be sent via email to [email protected] with SHORT STORY: [TITLE] or ESSAY: [TITLE].
- Pieces should be between 800 and 4000 words.
- Pieces should be submitted in a Word document in a standard font, size 12, with double line spacing.
- Pieces should be accompanied by a title sheet including author’s name, address, the word count of the piece and a short biography of under 100 words. Cover letters are not required.
- Work should be previously unpublished.
- Copyright remains with the author.
What we publish
We accept creative fiction and nonfiction between 800 and 4,000 words. We look for short stories that stick with you, lingering in the memory long after reading, and essays that explore specific interests or issues from a new perspective. We offer a space for writers to be strange, bold and experimental, and to express their unique style however they see fit.
Extra Teeth is a Scottish magazine with an international outlook—meaning that we will always champion and cultivate great Scottish writing, but we also publish work from writers located elsewhere. We especially welcome submissions from underrepresented groups.
We do not currently publish poetry, scripts, translations or artwork, outside of the work of our guest illustrator for each issue.
what we pay
We offer £100 for each selected piece, as well as two copies of the magazine in which the piece is featured. We pay via bank transfer within 30 days of receipt of a signed publishing agreement.
We commission one guest illustrator per issue. If you would like to be considered, please send your work to [email protected] with ILLUSTRATOR in the subject line.
Illustrators are paid £500 and work alongside our designer to create the tone and feel of the magazine issue.
Via: Extra Teeth
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!