- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Even Furries Hate Nazis
Deadline: February 15th, 2019
Payment: Contributor’s Copy
Note: Reprints Allowed
Thurston Howl Publications is now accepting submissions for its furry anthology, Even Furries Hate Nazi. This anthology is edited by Kate Watts.
Deadline: February 15, 2019
Word count: 2,500-8,000; a little above and a little below will be acceptable
All too often, furries are dismissed as hypersexual fetishists or children who just never grew up. Yet like any other group, the fandom is incredibly diverse–and like any other group, we vote. Unsurprisingly, then, with the rise of “alt-furs,” many in the fandom have marshaled active resistance to pro-Nazi sentiments both within and beyond the fandom. Furries attending Anthrocon 2018 wore badges telling Nazi furs to f*ck off; furries on Twitter proudly declare themselves anti-Nazi; Dogpatch Press has called out any hate group that disgraces the fandom. The cultural moment is ripe for a principled stand against fascism–and the time is now to offer furries a creative venue for their anti-Nazi views to flourish. We welcome all genres of fiction for this anthology, from science fiction to historical fiction to fantasy, horror, and romance. It is perfectly fine but not required if submissions are NSFW. However, again, adult stories are by no means required for acceptance. All story submissions must be “furry” in nature.
We will NOT accept:
Racism, sexism, or discrimination presented in a positive light.
Pedophilia or sex with characters under the age of 18 presented in a positive light.
Rape, torture, dubious consent, forced seduction presented in a positive light.
Snuff or Necrophilia presented in a positive light
Bestiality presented in a positive light
If you are in doubt, ASK. Better to ask than to get a straight up rejection! If you are unsure, just shoot me an email at [email protected] (restrictions borrowed from Voice: https://t.co/MWykJ6RY36)
You can submit up to three stories, but we will only accept one per author (if any).
Reprints are fine, but you have to own full permission of the work in order for us to consider it.
We will not accept simultaneous submissions.
Payment: Authors will receive a free copy of the print book.
Send submissions in .doc or .docx format to [email protected]
Title your email with “EVEN FURRIES HATE NAZIS.” If you are sending more than one submission, send multiple emails instead of putting them all in one.
We will inform all authors regarding decisions within a week or two after the deadline.
Book will likely be released in the spring.
- Taking Submissions: The Blue Route #22 - February 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Speculative City: Occult - February 18, 2019
- ‘Dominic’s Ghosts’ Blog Tour – And Get off My Lawn… Some Writerly Advice from 30 Years of Doing This - February 18, 2019
- WIHM: Knowing Your Industry - February 17, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 02/17/2019 - February 17, 2019
- WIHM: Be Brave, Be Delighted - February 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine (Short Window!) - February 15, 2019
- Creators Should Really Check Out The Available MasterClass Programs! - February 15, 2019
- Video Refresh: James Dorr Interview - February 15, 2019
- WIHM: Horror Is For Women - February 15, 2019