- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Corporate Shadows
Deadline: July 1st, 2018
Payment: $0.01 per word
Nexxis Fantasy is looking for talented authors and artists to contribute to our next anthology.
Submission deadline is July 1st. Anthology will launch July 31st.
We are only accepting completed works at this time. Please email your submissions to the email address below. You are open to submit anything you feel fits into the science fiction genre and would fit our next anthology titled “Corporate Shadows”.
GENRES: Open to Speculative Fiction (works in which the setting is other than the real world, involving supernatural, futuristic, or other imagined elements); Suspense/Thriller; Supernatural/Horror; or Science Fiction (or some combination of any of those genres) is acceptable.
THEME: This anthology’s title is “Corporate Shadows” and is inspired by the recent net neutrality rulings. How you interpret that is up to you!
SPECIFICALLY UNACCEPTABLE GENRES: Romance/Erotica, Middle School, Biographical, Autobiographical, Memoirs, Poetry, Non-Fiction, Western, or Pornography.
WORD COUNT: 2,000 to 15,000 words.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES:
- Standard manuscript format.
- Submissions must be made as .doc or .docx attachment only and NOT copied into the body of the email. Only electronic submissions accepted.
- In accordance with Arc Book Club’s standards, stories containing pedophilia, bestiality, overtly descriptive rape, or graphic gore will not be considered.
- Factors in anthology acceptance:
- How well it fits the theme of a given book;
- Quality of the story based on characterization, conflict, TWIST at the end, and how engaging it is;
- Word count, length, and formatting (while minor considerations, it indicates a certain professionalism about the craft);
- Technical writing quality: sentence and story structure, pacing, split infinitives, an overabundance of adjectives, adverbs, similes, filter words, etc.
- Quality of the manuscript’s editing/proofreading (again, both indications of professionalism about the craft)
- Failure to submit story according to guidelines will be cause for immediate rejection.
- Multiple story submissions are accepted if individually submitted in compliance with guidelines.
- Non-Exclusivity – the rights to the short story are kept by the author. Arc Book Club reserves the right to continue to reprint the anthology, but the author may also shop the story to other markets with the understanding that it may still be in print with ABC.
- Multiple authors – one story may have multiple authors, but only one royalty check per story will be distributed and one electronic copy of the book. It is up to the multiple coauthors to figure out how to divvy that up.
- Compensation – will be to a PayPal account only.
- SUBMISSION EMAIL SUBJECT LINE SHOULD READ: Nexxis Fantasy – Story Title –
Author first initial, last name. All submissions are to be sent to [email protected].
- SUBMISSIONS OPEN: March 1, 2018
- SUBMISSIONS CLOSE: July 1, 2018 (5:00 PM EST)
- SELECTION PERIOD: Wednesday, July 7, 2018 Acceptance or rejection notifications will be sent out then.
- CONTRIBUTOR COMPENSATION: $0.01 per word for submissions selected for inclusion. Payable upon book going on sale (estimated date: mid August, 2018).
Via: Nexxis Fantasy.
- Taking Submissions: Canadian Dreadful - July 23, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 07/22/2018 - July 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Liminality Poetry Magazine - July 20, 2018
- Video Refresh: Nina Johnson Interview - July 20, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Wicked Words Quarterly - July 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Bikers VS The Undead (tentative title) - July 19, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Worlds Without Master - July 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Spoon Knife 4: A Neurodivergent Guide to Spacetime - July 17, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Nightlight Podcast - July 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec November Issue 2018 - July 16, 2018