- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: This Book Is Cursed
March 1, 2018
Deadline: March 1st, 2018
Payment: ½ cent per word for original works, $10 for reprints, and a contributor’s copy
Note: Reprints Allowed
Edited by Howard Rachen
Deadline: March 1st, 2018
The curse is as old as folklore itself. They are the malediction of gods and witches, protections of the pharoh’s tombs, the warnings for would-be thieves. Before the days of Hollywood, the werewolf was the victim of a curse. Today they linger with sports teams and in the theatre.
Armoured Fox Press is looking for all manner of horror stories related to curses. Bloodlines with a black mark, tainted objects, locations under a hex, and anything else cleverly twisted into a curse. Be creative, don’t just send us yet another unlucky penny, but something new that makes us hesitate to step on a crack or ignore that warning.
We will NOT accept:
Racism, sexism, or discrimination presented in a positive light.
Pedophilia or sex with characters under the age of 18.
Rape, torture, dubious consent, forced seduction.
If you are in doubt, ASK. Better to ask then to get a straight up rejection!
And remember, this is a non-erotic anthology, so please, no sex on screen. (this line can be changed)
Furry (as this is not a furry anthology)
Length: Max 7,500 words. .
Payment: ½ cent per word for original works, $10 for reprints. Authors will receive a contributor copy.
No simultaneous submissions please (Don’t also send your story elsewhere at the same time), and no more than one submission.
Original stories and reprints welcome. (see Payment)
We purchase exclusive publication rights in print and electronic formats for the period of one year from date of publication for the stories and non-exclusive rights in perpetuity thereafter. Submissions must not contain any copyrighted characters which the author does not hold the copyright on. Reprints will not be subject to this. Please state when you submit if the story is a reprint or not. Having the story posted online counts as ‘published’ and will be treated as a reprint.
Response time: Please expect responses within six weeks of the deadline, but please do not query until eight weeks have passed at the request of the editor.
Via: Good Reads.
- Taking Submissions: Claw & Blossom: Equinox: Stripes - January 28, 2020
- Guest Post: How to Submit a Short Story for Publication: The Complete 10-Step Process - January 28, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Horror USA: Hawaii - January 28, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Untitled Ghost Stories Anthology - January 27, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Horror for Hire - January 27, 2020
- Taking Submissions: In Darkness, Delight: Fear the Future (Volume 3) - January 24, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Untitled Local Oddities Cemetery Gates Anthology - January 23, 2020
- Taking Submissions: A Monster Told Me Bedtime Stories - January 23, 2020
- Taking Submissions: One Story - January 22, 2020
- Ongoing Submissions: Public Domain Fanzine - January 22, 2020