Deadline: November 5th, 2018
Payment: Contributor’s Copy
Behind Eyes of Glass Anthology Call:
Haunted Dolls Anthology
Submission Period: August 5 – November 5 [Extended]
Word Count: 500-10,500 (If over this, please ask before submitting).
Theme: There are many different kinds of dolls, porcelain, ball joints, voodoo, toys. They have been around for hundreds of years and many legends have been created around them. Some people are fascinated with them, some obsessed, some have a mild distrust, and others have a paralyzing fear. What lurks behind those lifeless eyes? What is hidden in that painted smile? The carefully carved and crafted faces? The painstakingly sewn dresses? People throw their heart, souls, blood, and tears into making these dolls, each a piece of art. It is said when an artist makes something, they leave a piece of themselves in the art. We want to hear these stories.
We will consider any sub-genre, but the story must involve a doll that is haunted or cursed in some way. It can be the origin of how it became cursed or of what happens to it once it falls into the hands of an unsuspecting owner or collector.
ALWAYS READ THE FULL THEMES AND GUIDELINES WHEN SUBMITTING.
PIECES THAT FAIL TO MEET THE GUIDELINES/THEME WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
Response Time: Please allow up to one month. After that, if you don’t hear from us then feel free to give us a little nudge. In some cases, we may wait until the end of the submission period to start sending out acceptance emails.
Compensation: Contributor copy of the anthology.
Editing: Yes, your story will be edited if we decide to accept it. After we go through and edit your story, it will then be sent back to you for final approval. In some cases, we may ask for revisions to be made.
Reprints, Multiple & Simultaneous Submissions: Yes.
SEND A SEPARATE EMAIL FOR EACH SUBMISSION. MULTIPLE SUBMISSIONS SENT IN ONE EMAIL MAY BE DISCARDED WITHOUT BEING READ.
Guidelines for Submissions:
- All submissions are to be sent to [email protected]
- In the subject line please type HAUNTED DOLL ANTHOLOGY SUBMISSION: [Your Story Title Here].
- In the body of your email, please include your name, pen name, and word count. If the story is under 2,000 words, please paste the text in the body of the email, otherwise please attach it.
Via: Fantasia Divinity Magazine.
- Taking Submissions: Darkness Wired - June 17, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 06/16/2019 - June 16, 2019
- The Horror Tree Presents… An Interview With S. L. Edwards - June 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Timeless 2 - June 14, 2019
- Unholy Trinity – Let’s Trip - June 14, 2019
- Taking Submissions: LTUE Benefit/Charity Anthology #3 – Twilight Tales - June 13, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Blood Bath Literary Zine Issue 3 – Hauntings - June 13, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Marshall - June 12, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Pretty Cool Poetry Thing - June 12, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Catacombs: Martyrs on Earth and Elsewhere - June 11, 2019