- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Beautiful Lies, Painful Truths
July 28, 2017
Deadline: July 28th, 2017
Payment: $25 and a contributor’s copy
“Life asked Death: ‘Why do people love me but hate you?’
Death responded, ‘Because you are a beautiful lie and I am a painful truth.’”
The above quote will appear on the first page of the book. Let the title and quote take your imagination and your story, wherever it wants to go.
GENRES: Open to Speculative Fiction (works in which the setting is other than the real world, involving supernatural, futuristic, or other imagined elements); Mystery/Thriller; Horror; Western; Fantasy; or Science Fiction. Some Literary Fiction (only involving social commentary or reflection on the human condition) is acceptable.
SPECIFICALLY UNACCEPTABLE GENRES: Romance/Erotica, Middle School, Biographical, Autobiographical, Memoirs, Poetry
WORD COUNT: 4,000 to 8,000 words.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES:
- Title of submission shall not contain variations of the phrase “Beautiful Lies, Painful Truths.”
- Standard manuscript format. (Go to www.lefthandpublishers.com for complete guidelines and to download format template.)
- Submissions must be made as .doc or .docx attachment only and NOT copied into the body of the email. Only electronic submissions accepted.
- In accordance with Left Hand Publishers’ standards, stories containing pedophilia, bestiality, overtly descriptive rape, or graphic gore will not be considered.
- Failure to submit story according to guidelines will be cause for immediate rejection.
- Multiple story submissions accepted if individually submitted in compliance with guidelines.
- No simultaneous submissions, please. We ask that you do not submit a story to us and to another market at the same time.
- Only previously unpublished stories may be submitted. Upon acceptance into the anthology, author will receive a standard short story/anthology contract from Left Hand Publishers.
- SUBMISSION EMAIL SUBJECT LINE SHOULD READ: BLPT – Story Title – Author first initial, last name. All submissions are to be sent to [email protected]
- SUBMISSIONS OPEN: Tuesday, June 6, 2017
- SUBMISSIONS CLOSE: Friday, July 28, 2017 (midnight)
- SELECTION PERIOD: Friday, August 31, 2017 (midnight)
- CONTRIBUTOR COMPENSATION: $25 per story selected for inclusion and one print copy of the anthology.
Via: Left Hand Publishers (Visit the link to submit.)
- Taking Submissions: The Blue Route #22 - February 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Speculative City: Occult - February 18, 2019
- ‘Dominic’s Ghosts’ Blog Tour – And Get off My Lawn… Some Writerly Advice from 30 Years of Doing This - February 18, 2019
- WIHM: Knowing Your Industry - February 17, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 02/17/2019 - February 17, 2019
- WIHM: Be Brave, Be Delighted - February 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine (Short Window!) - February 15, 2019
- Creators Should Really Check Out The Available MasterClass Programs! - February 15, 2019
- Video Refresh: James Dorr Interview - February 15, 2019
- WIHM: Horror Is For Women - February 15, 2019