- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Attack Of The 50 Ft Book
March 1, 2011
Attack Of The 50 Ft Book
From Godzilla to Stay Puft, Cthulhu to the Iron Giant, giant monsters have been portrayed as everything from saviours of mankind to the ultimate destructors, and even tragic, misunderstood figures. Now we’re asking YOU to send us your best giant monster stories!
Reference points: Godzilla / King Kong / Lovecraft / Deep Rising / Night of the Crabs / Steve Niles’ Giant Monster/ Kingdom of the Ants / The Relic / You get the idea…
Giant robots are more than welcome, but remember this is coming out under the Fantasy imprint so your best bet is to avoid using spaceships/aliens/distant planets. Sword n Sorcery/High Fantasy is of course also welcome, but try to avoid obvious staples of those genres.
WORD COUNT: A firm 3K – 7K
PAYMENT: 1cent p/word + 1 contributor copy
DEADLINE: 1st March 2011 (so plenty of time to submit something )
Times New Roman or Courier 12pt font, please.
One press of the TAB to indent a new paragraph.
Italics should be italics NOT underlined, please.
NO headers or footers except on first page [include an approx. word count along with your name/address/email].
Please, please don’t use any fancy formatting as it drives me absolutely nuts (eg extra space between paragraphs, coloured “attention-grabbing” fonts, etc).
NO multiple subs.
Simultaneous submissions are a-okay with me, provided you do me the courtesy of telling me if it gets accepted elsewhere.
Send all submissions to [email protected] and I’ll send you a needlessly exuberant ‘Story received!!!’ email. If you don’t get one within 4 days of submitting, please query.
Please don’t query as to the status of your story until after the deadline, because if there’s one thing guaranteed to crumble my biscuits it’s impatient little monkeys 😉 Having said that, I’m going to try and read the subs as they come in for this one so I might well send rejections out before the 1st of March. If you sub and don’t hear anything before the deadline assume you’re shortlisted, but don’t get all cocky 😉
Anyone who doesn’t follow these guidelines will have their story dumped in toxic waste and turned into a giant rejection monster, which will then stomp all other publishers you send stuff to, thereby eliminating your chances of a happy life.
[via: Library Of The Living Dead]
- Ongoing Submissions: Reckoning Magazine - April 26, 2018
- The Importance Of The Author Homepage - April 26, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Nature’s ‘Futures’ - April 25, 2018
- Serial Killers: It’s Always Easier In The Dark Part 5. Wet Ash - April 25, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Alfred Hitchcock’s Mystery Magazine - April 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Silver Needle Press Fall 2018 Journal - April 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deductions, Delinquents, And Detectives - April 23, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Sword & Sorceress 33 - April 23, 2018
- 5 Ongoing Spots To Submit Children’s Short Stories! - April 23, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 04/22/2018 - April 22, 2018