- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Rhonny Reaper’s Roadkill Cafe
March 1, 2011
Rhonny Reaper’s Roadkill Cafe
Working Title: Rhonny Reaper’s Roadkill Cafe
Publisher: Knightwatch Press
Release Date: TBA
“Rhonny Reaper’s Roadkill Cafe” is an upcoming horror anthology with a twisted theme. Tales of horror, shock, terror…and roadkill! Each story will be a unique and grotesque ride through dark and disturbing images of twisted, mangled, and maybe even a few undead squirrels, raccoons, and the occasional deer.
What we want:
We are looking for short/flash fiction horror stories between 1,500 and 3,000 words pertaining to the Roadkill theme of the book. Any plot that is horror themed and involving roadkill is acceptable except for sexual content including but not limited to rape, bestiality, and sexual torture of any kind. Murdered animals getting revenge, zombie raccoons, roadkill suicide…be creative!
What rights do we want?
First publishing rights, the right to use the story for as long as there is demand for the book, the right to edit each story for any missed grammatical errors, and the right to use parts of the book and the author’s name for promotion. You will keep all other rights and can republish the story anytime you choose.
What you get:
All authors will receive a copy of the book as payment.
How your stories should be sent:
All entries MUST be a .doc file. Emails with submissions sent in any other format will be replied with a request to convert the file into a .doc format.
Title, Author’s Name, Word Count, and Author’s Email MUST be on the first page.
The stories should be edited to the best of your ability but they will be looked over for any missed grammatical errors.
The story should be single-spaced.
Where to send it:
Send all submissions via email to [email protected] with the subject line “Story Submission: Title of story”
When to send it by:
Deadline for submission is March 1st, 2011. We will take all entries and choose the best of the bunch for publication!
Submissions are open to EVERYONE and I hope that if you’ve always wanted to write a great horror story, you’ll take this opportunity to get your hands bloody and go for it!
If you have ANY questions at all, Email Rhonney at [email protected]
You can follow the progress on Rhonny Reaper’s Roadkill Cafe Facebook Page.
[via: Knight Watch Comics.]
- Trembling With Fear 04/21/2019 - April 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Recognize Fascism - April 19, 2019
- Video Refresh: First Draft Blues - April 19, 2019
- The Unholy Trinity: The Old Man - April 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: DreamForge Magazine - April 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Organic Ink: Volume Three - April 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Little Girl Lost: Thirteen Tales of Youth Disrupted - April 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Cats. And Bikes. In Space. - April 17, 2019
- Calling All Poets! Billy Collins Teaches Reading And Writing Poetry In This New MasterClass! - April 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Shadow Booth Volumes 4 And 5 - April 16, 2019