- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Asian Ghost Short Stories
August 1, 2021
Deadline: August 1st, 2021
Payment: 8 cents/6 pence per word for new stories and 6 cents/4 pence per word for reprints.
Theme: Asian Ghost Short Stories
Note: Looking for writers of Asian heritage
Note: Reprints Welcome
We’re delighted to announce a new call for submissions which is now open! The theme is Asian Ghost Short Stories – a chance for writers of Asian heritage around the world to explore their culture of ghostly folklore and offer fresh stories. Please read through the details for submissions carefully before submitting your stories and make sure to include the project name in the subject of your email.
Gothic Fantasy Short Stories
Asian Ghost Short Stories
Following our hugely successful Black Sci-Fi Short Stories we’re now looking for tales from writers of East, South or Southeast Asian heritage to join our powerful collection of Asian Ghost Short Stories, which will contain new and classic tales reaching across borders, from India to China, Japan to Thailand, Korea to the Philippines, and down through the centuries. The new stories will complement classics by the likes of Yei Theodora Ozaki and Rabindranath Tagore, and could give us fresh takes on such ghouls as Japan’s Kappa, Vietnam’s Daughter of Hui Bi Hua, Indonesia’s Kuntilanak and Thailand’s Preta.
Submissions will be accepted between Friday 9th July and Sunday 1st August – please submit to [email protected], ensuring ’Asian Ghost Short Stories’ is in the subject line.
Word length is most likely to be successful at 2000–4000 words, but we will still read stories slightly outside this range. Please submit in .doc, .docx or .rtf formats, double spaced, with your name and email address in the footer or header of each page.
Submit stories by email to [email protected]
Fees, Copyright and Other Terms
- Submission does not imply the right to publication. Each story will be read and assessed by the selection panel.
- We do not require exclusivity. You hold copyright, licensing us just for this publication.
- We pay Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA) rates of 8 cents/6 pence per word for new stories and 6 cents/4 pence per word for reprints.
- We would prefer to pay via PAYPAL because bank charges to the US and Canada in particular can be crippling for all concerned.
- Payment for the chosen stories will be made within 30 days of the final advertised publication date (see our website flametreepublishing.com for details), although some may be paid earlier than that.
- The anthologies will be published worldwide, available online and to bookstores worldwide, in print and ebook formats.
- You can submit more than one story.
- If your story is a reprint, please include its original publication details in your submission email.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but you must have the right to license your story in an anthology. Notify us by email at [email protected] if you need to withdraw your submission.
We will aim to read each story and confirm its status within 4 months of the submission deadline.
Via: Flame Tree Publishing.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!