Deadline: February 15th, 2019
Payment: A portion of net sales (most likely between 2 – 5% depending on number of stories) from the Kickstarter campaign and from the first year of book sales.
This collection will be our first science fiction collection (mostly) without the great detective. A Tribute to H.G. Wells: Stories Inspired by the Master of Science Fiction is accepting submissions for new stories inspired by H.G. Wells. Stories can have direct connections to his original work, or they can be written in a similar style to the master.
All entries must be between 5,000 – 10,000 words (it is okay to be over or under some). The stories may use public domain characters, but you must make certain you are not using anything copyrighted (some of Wells later work is still under copyright).
Payment: Authors will receive a portion of net sales (most likely between 2 – 5% depending on number of stories) from the Kickstarter campaign and from the first year of book sales. Authors retain the rights to their work. Due Date: All submissions must be received by February 15th.
Please send entries to [email protected]
or to [email protected]
. Make sure to include your name (first and last), title of your story, story length, and attach your story as a word document.
Please reach out with any questions. Thank you, and we look forward to reading your stories. The game’s afoot!
Via: Belanger Books.
- Ongoing Submissions: Unreal Magazine - July 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Other Stories Vol 45. Abandoned Places - July 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Gruesome Games - July 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Mythical Girls - July 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec November Issue 2019 - July 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Mortal Realm – New Worlds (Sci-Fi) - July 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Trigger Warning - July 15, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 07/14/2019 - July 14, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Tell-Tale Press Short Stories - July 12, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Sci Phi Journal - July 11, 2019