Deadline: February 15th, 2019
Payment: A portion of net sales (most likely between 2 – 5% depending on number of stories) from the Kickstarter campaign and from the first year of book sales.
This collection will be our first science fiction collection (mostly) without the great detective. A Tribute to H.G. Wells: Stories Inspired by the Master of Science Fiction is accepting submissions for new stories inspired by H.G. Wells. Stories can have direct connections to his original work, or they can be written in a similar style to the master.
All entries must be between 5,000 – 10,000 words (it is okay to be over or under some). The stories may use public domain characters, but you must make certain you are not using anything copyrighted (some of Wells later work is still under copyright).
Payment: Authors will receive a portion of net sales (most likely between 2 – 5% depending on number of stories) from the Kickstarter campaign and from the first year of book sales. Authors retain the rights to their work. Due Date: All submissions must be received by February 15th.
Please send entries to [email protected]
or to [email protected]
. Make sure to include your name (first and last), title of your story, story length, and attach your story as a word document.
Please reach out with any questions. Thank you, and we look forward to reading your stories. The game’s afoot!
Via: Belanger Books.
- Taking Submissions: Timeworn Literary Journal - April 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Shut Down Strangers & Hot Rod Angels - April 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Retro Horror - April 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Fairytale Dragons - April 22, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 04/21/2019 - April 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Recognize Fascism - April 19, 2019
- Video Refresh: First Draft Blues - April 19, 2019
- The Unholy Trinity: The Old Man - April 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: DreamForge Magazine - April 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Organic Ink: Volume Three - April 18, 2019