- This event has passed.
Flytrap Issue 11
October 31, 2013
Dealdine: October 31, 2013.
Payment: $0.05/ word for fiction, and a copy of the digital issue on publication.
We just wanted you to be the first to know that Flytrap will be opening to fiction submissions starting next Tuesday, September 4th! Below are the guidelines. Go forth, submit, and conquer!
Flytrap, the little zine with teeth, will open to submissions for issue #11 on September 3, 2013. Fiction: I will consider work up to 5,000 words (query for longer, but don’t let it hurt your feelings if I say no). Any form, any style, any genre welcome; cross-genre and experimental work especially appreciated. I consider vignettes, fantasias, and hallucinagenia in addition to more traditional narrative approaches. Surprise me, or delight me, or both. I like stories with sex and feminism and apocalypses and snarky humor in them, but don’t let that limit you. Straightforward porn and conventional horror are unlikely to find a home here, but otherwise, I’m happy to consider pretty much anything. Send stories to Heather Shaw at [email protected] Send in the body of an e-mail, or as Word or RTF attachments.
Non-Fiction: Due to enthusiastic pre-soliciting, we are full on non-fiction for this issue.
Poetry: We are not open to poetry submissions for issue #11. We’re having a featured poet instead. But you might be able to slip a prose poem past the fiction editor. Multiple submissions are okay, within reason (that is, sending two pieces won’t annoy us too much, but sending three probably will).
No simultaneous submissions (but we’ll try to answer every submission by mid-November, so it shouldn’t cramp your submitting style too much).
Deadline: We open September 3, 2013, and close October 31, 2013. Payment: $0.05/ word for fiction, and a copy of the digital issue on publication.
Thank you to all our Kickstarter supporters for making pro rates a reality for issue #11! Happy submitting! And feel free to spread the word, please.
- The Horror Tree Presents…An Interview with Phoebe Darquling - November 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: We Shall Be Monsters: Frankenstein Two Centuries On - November 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Hell’s Empire - November 16, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Sanctuary - November 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Allegory Volume 33/60 - November 14, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Til Death: An Anti-Valentine’s Day Poetry Anthology - November 13, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 11/12/2017 - November 12, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Out of Your Shadow: Empowered Sidekicks - November 10, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Alchemy Press Book Of Horrors - November 9, 2017
- Taking Submissions Unnamed Corpus Press Halloween Anthology! - November 8, 2017