- This event has passed.
Contest: Owl Canyon Hackathon #3
October 1, 2019
Deadline: October 1st, 2019
Prizes: First prize is $3000, 2nd prize is $2000, and 3rd prize is $1000
Writers are invited to create and submit a short story consisting of 50 paragraphs. The contest provides the 1st and 20th paragraphs, and the short story writer crafts the rest. First prize is $3000, 2nd prize is $2000, and 3rd prize is $1000 with the winning short stories published in a short story anthology, as well as an invitation to give a public reading at Inkberry Books in Niwot, CO. The twenty-four (24) Finalists will also have their short stories included in this anthology.
ABOUT THE CONTEST
Owl Canyon Press provides paragraphs #1 and #20, and the writer creates the other 48 paragraphs (i.e., paragraphs 2-19 and 21-50) to complete the story.
- There’s no cost to enter
- Anyone can submit, including outside the USA, but the stories must be in English
- 50 Paragraphs total – including the 1st and 20th provided in the submission form
- No maximum word count, but each paragraph needs to be at least 40 words – this isn’t flash fiction so feel free to use as many words as you need to tell the story
- Dialog is fine as long as it’s in a paragraph of at least 40 words
- Authors retain all rights to their short stories
- Winning authors agree to permit Owl Canyon Press to publish their stories in an Anthology
- Winners receive up to $3000 in cash awards, publication in a short story anthology, and an invitation to give a public reading at Inkberry Books in Niwot, CO
- Winners will be notified in December 2019
- Failure to comply with any contest guidelines may result in disqualification
For additional information check the Owl Canyon Press Hackathon FAQ
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!