- This event has passed.
Contest: Don’t Be A Hero: A VILLAINthology Featured Story
Deadline: May 1st, 2019
Payment: Contributor’s Copy
Note: I was iffy on posting this but I liked the theme so much I felt there could be a few others who did as well.
The Fairfield Scribes are releasing Don’t Be A Hero: A VILLAINthology,
and we’re looking for our feature story.
DON’T BE A HERO.
Heroes are boring. Standing up for weaklings, defending the status quo, reacting instead of acting. Villains are the go-getters, the ones who put grand plans into motion, the ones who change the world.
For their own benefit, naturally.
Villains are complex individuals with tales of their own to tell, and it’s hard to have a great story without them. There’s the dark figure cackling in the shadows, the grinning businessman behind the desk, the evil emperor sending forth his legions, the jerk down the hall who deliberately parks too close to the line every day . . .
Sometimes, it just feels good to be bad.
The winning story will be featured in the collection, and the winner will receive both an electronic and hard copy of the anthology. The author will also be promoted on our website, and invited to participate in any reading events that will be scheduled (located in the Connecticut/New York area). The Fairfield Scribes asks for first publication rights of the winning story for print and eBook; all other rights remain with the author.
Limit 1 entry per writer. Please follow William Shunn’s guide to formatting stories and send all entries in .doc, .docx or .rtf format to: [email protected]. In the subject line, write “Villain Anthology” or “VILLAINthology.” Include a link to your website, if you have one, and a short writing bio – if you don’t have either, don’t worry. It won’t affect your chances in the contest.
If you’re looking for more info on what we publish, check out our previous anthologies, Z: Tales from the Zombieverse and When to Now: A Time Travel Anthology. We also have a list of our group’s individual writing in our Scriptorium. If you have any questions about the contest not answered in these guidelines, please email us at: [email protected] and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you, and happy writing!
***MWA HA HA HA HA HA!***
Our contest is currently OPEN for submissions
from March 1-May 1, 2019.
Via: Fairfield Scribes.
- Taking Submissions: Cherry Tree - August 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Underground Writers Issue #28 - August 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: A Dysfunctional Family Christmas! - August 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: What Monsters Do For Love - August 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation – Spooky & Spinetingling Tales October Issue - August 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Nightscape Press Charity Collection Line Short Story Collections - August 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Speculative City - August 20, 2019
- ‘Ration’ Guest Post – It Starts With A Voice - August 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Death and Butterflies - August 19, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 08/18/2019 - August 18, 2019