Deadline: June 15th, 2019
Payment: $50 plus a percentage of the Kickstarter project profits and a paperback copy of the anthology.
The Early Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson (edited by David Marcum)
Description: In “The Five Orange Pips” Dr. Watson writes that he is faced with so many interesting cases between 1882 and 1890 that it is no easy matter to choose which ones to set down on paper. Despite this claim of many cases, Chronologists agree that the only story which occurs between A Study in Scarlet (March 1881) and “The Speckled Band” (April 1883) is “The Resident Patient”. What happened during this early time in the career of Holmes and Watson? What are some of these early cases? This book aims to answer that question with a series of adventures occurring between 1881 and 1883.
Submission guidelines: A traditional Holmes and Watson story occurring in the above mentioned time frame at a length of 5,000 – 10,000 words (okay to go over or under some).
Payment: Authors shall receive a payment of $50 plus a percentage of the Kickstarter project profits and a paperback copy of the anthology.
Rights: Authors shall retain rights to their work. We only retain the rights to the story within the publication.
Submission Deadline: June 15, 2019
Kickstarter will run in August 2019 and publication of book will occur in October 2019.
Via: Belanger Books.
- Taking Submissions: Death and Butterflies - August 19, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 08/18/2019 - August 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Vestal Review – Web Edition - August 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: An Untitled Stormy Island Publishing Anthology - August 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine Issue 8: Euphoria (Short Window!) - August 15, 2019
- Trajan’s Arch Blog Tour – On Mythic Fiction - August 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Body & Blood - August 14, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: We Will Remember Freedom - August 14, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: The Bronzeville Bee - August 13, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Blue Route #23 - August 13, 2019