Deadline: June 15th, 2019
Payment: $50 plus a percentage of the Kickstarter project profits and a paperback copy of the anthology.
The Early Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson (edited by David Marcum)
Description: In “The Five Orange Pips” Dr. Watson writes that he is faced with so many interesting cases between 1882 and 1890 that it is no easy matter to choose which ones to set down on paper. Despite this claim of many cases, Chronologists agree that the only story which occurs between A Study in Scarlet (March 1881) and “The Speckled Band” (April 1883) is “The Resident Patient”. What happened during this early time in the career of Holmes and Watson? What are some of these early cases? This book aims to answer that question with a series of adventures occurring between 1881 and 1883.
Submission guidelines: A traditional Holmes and Watson story occurring in the above mentioned time frame at a length of 5,000 – 10,000 words (okay to go over or under some).
Payment: Authors shall receive a payment of $50 plus a percentage of the Kickstarter project profits and a paperback copy of the anthology.
Rights: Authors shall retain rights to their work. We only retain the rights to the story within the publication.
Submission Deadline: June 15, 2019
Kickstarter will run in August 2019 and publication of book will occur in October 2019.
Via: Belanger Books.
- Ongoing Submissions: Dark Moments - March 22, 2019
- Video Refresh: Story Worms Writing What You Know - March 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Translunar Travelers Lounge - March 21, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Rock and a Hard Place Magazine - March 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Organic Ink: Volume One (Poetry) - March 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Journal of Compressed Creative Arts - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Bumper Book of British Bizarro! - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Chew on This! - March 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Sherlock Holmes: Adventures in the Realms of Edgar Allan Poe - March 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Dying Earth - March 18, 2019