Deadline: June 15th, 2019
Payment: $50 plus a percentage of the Kickstarter project profits and a paperback copy of the anthology.
The Early Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson (edited by David Marcum)
Description: In “The Five Orange Pips” Dr. Watson writes that he is faced with so many interesting cases between 1882 and 1890 that it is no easy matter to choose which ones to set down on paper. Despite this claim of many cases, Chronologists agree that the only story which occurs between A Study in Scarlet (March 1881) and “The Speckled Band” (April 1883) is “The Resident Patient”. What happened during this early time in the career of Holmes and Watson? What are some of these early cases? This book aims to answer that question with a series of adventures occurring between 1881 and 1883.
Submission guidelines: A traditional Holmes and Watson story occurring in the above mentioned time frame at a length of 5,000 – 10,000 words (okay to go over or under some).
Payment: Authors shall receive a payment of $50 plus a percentage of the Kickstarter project profits and a paperback copy of the anthology.
Rights: Authors shall retain rights to their work. We only retain the rights to the story within the publication.
Submission Deadline: June 15, 2019
Kickstarter will run in August 2019 and publication of book will occur in October 2019.
Via: Belanger Books.
- Trembling With Fear 05/19/2019 - May 19, 2019
- 10 steps to start writing a book - May 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Ricky’s Back Yard – How HORROR-able - May 17, 2019
- Unholy Trinity: The Soul Trilogy - May 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: The Mighty Line - May 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: All Dark Places 2 - May 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Fire and Brimstone - May 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Cafe Irreal August 2019 - May 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: NEO-OPSIS - May 15, 2019
- Many Indie Book Stores Are Losing Their Distributor, Here Are New Options For Them! - May 15, 2019