Deadline: August 1st, 2018
Payment: Royalty Split
You keep copyright and all rights associated with the story. You give Millhaven Press first North American print rights, and permission to use the story in any anthology stemming from the original printing (such as a “best of” type anthology).
Stories should be between 2,000-8,000 words (we may accept something shorter than 2,000 words or something longer than 8,000 but it has to be phenomenal).
Do not submit a story for reprint. We are only interested in previously unpublished material (a story published on a personal blog is ok).
No simultaneous submissions. Please do not submit the story to another outlet while waiting for a response from us.
Multiple submissions are ok, but we will only print one story per author, per issue. If you aren’t sure which is your best, send more than one and we’ll decide.
Use an easily readable font, double-space as .doc or .docx. Send as an e-mail attachment to [email protected]
Send a cover letter with contact information. Use story title, genre and approximate word count in the subject header of the e-mail.
This is a quarterly print publication and the deadlines for the genre themes are as follows.
Spring: Science Fiction/Fantasy (Submission Deadline 2/1/19)
Summer: Mystery/Crime/Espionage (Submission Deadline 5/1/19)
Autumn: Horror/Dark Fantasy (Submission Deadline 8/1/18)
Winter: Action/Adventure/Western (Submission Deadline 11/1/18)
We realize a lot of stories cross genres (the best usually do).
Submit your story with all possible genres in the subject and we’ll sort it out.
Not all submitted stories will be published. Stories are chosen solely by the publishers. We will read all submissions and respond with an acceptance or rejection letter via e-mail (Generally, within 2 weeks). If accepted, a standard royalty contract will be sent shortly after the closing submission deadline for that issue.
Each contributor will receive one free reader copy delivered to the address listed in the contact information.
This is a royalty based publication (split among contributors after cost).
80% Split evenly among the fiction writers.
10% For cover artist (plus a $50 fee paid upon delivery of accepted design).
Payment will be made via PayPal (no exceptions). Royalty payments will be made at the end of each of initial three sales months and then quarterly thereafter.
Via: Books of the Broken.
- Taking Submissions: Spoon Knife 4: A Neurodivergent Guide to Spacetime - July 17, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Nightlight Podcast - July 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec November Issue 2018 - July 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Bikes in Space Trans & Nonbinary Edition - July 16, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 07/15/2018 - July 15, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Gathering Storm Magazine - July 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Trickster’s Treats – Tales from the Pumpkin Patch #2! - July 13, 2018
- The Importance Of The Author Homepage - July 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Not Just A Pretty Face - July 12, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Twilight Madhouse Volume 4 - July 12, 2018