Deadline: $5 for anything under 5000 words – $10 for anything over 5000 words
Payment: October 3rd, 2019
Note: Reprints Accepted
Halloween horror is where it’s at, where it all began for many horror fans. The feeling of being chased by a supernatural killer, hunted by a demonic clown, stumbling into something you weren’t supposed to see, or your date with that eligible bachelor ends up with you as the first course all thanks to All Hallows’ Eve. For our first anthology we want stories that take the classic themes of your favorite horror with a little dash of Halloween.
Be absurd, be comical, be genuinely terrifying. Your story does not have to be strictly horror. Almost any story can work for this anthology as long as it takes something from Halloween we’re used to and turns it into something we never imagined.
Word Count: 3000 – 7000
Payment: $5 for anything under 5000 words
$10 for anything over 5000 words
Simultaneous submissions, and multiple submissions welcome.
Reprints are fine, however you must own the full rights to the story before submitting.
Please send all submissions as an attachment and make sure that the subject line of your email is: DBND – HalloweenHorror – Story Title
Send submissions to: [email protected]
Via: DBND Publishing.
- Taking Submissions: The One and Future Kingdom - September 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Other Stories (Vol 46.) Beyond Death - September 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Cosmic Roots And Eldritch Shores - September 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Underbelly Magazine #5 - September 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Glitter + Ashes: Queer Tales of a World That Wouldn’t Die - September 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: “Deep Underground” Novellas - September 18, 2019
- Contest: Tales From The Moonlit Path: Halloween Special Edition - September 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Resistance Art Attack - September 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: LampLight Magazine - September 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Trouble Among The Stars #4 - September 16, 2019