Deadline: October 31st, 2018
13 Postcards from Hell (partnered with The Bold Mom)
This anthology is a PAID anthology ($10 plus e-copy of the book or audiobook, paid on publication) due to the level of difficulty. All stories are due by Halloween and the book will be released on Xmas. Also keep in mind, this will be an audiobook.
What it is about: The theme behind each story is that Satan has decided t deliver postcards from 13 evil people condemned to Hell to someone who is living. Each story is made up of three stories. 1) First story: How did the bad guy die? 2) Second story: What did he encounter in Hell? and 3) Third story: The postcard, which is a message to anyone they believe is still living (can’t be someone who is dead and in heaven, I have a feeling God won’t let him deliver the correspondents) and the person’s reaction to the postcard. Each story can be anywhere from 300 to 7,000 words (they obviously don’t need to be the same length, the post card, most likely will be the shortest piece). I’m looking for extreme horror, but no violence against animals, no …..
Now, I know this is limiting, but I’m hoping this will bring out the creativity in the writers. After all, there is still a wide range of possibilities. How did the guy die? Natural causes, killed by a victim defending themselves, stupid accident, cops shoot him? Why did he get sent to Hell? What happened in Hell? Is it his worst nightmare or is he enjoying himself? Is he being tortured or he the one giving out the torture? Does he/she know they are in Hell? Also…has he/she escaped from Hell…I said condemn, never said they were still in Hell or even made it to Hell. In regards to the postcards, do they regret their action or are the unremorseful? Who do they want the postcards to go to, family or a victim? Why do they want to send them a postcard? A warning to clean up their act, a threat from beyond the grave, or a remorseful letter?
No explicit rape scenes, no torture of animals, no sex scenes with children.
Also keep in mind, only 13 stories will be accepted, so best of the best here. If I only receive five good stories, it will be only five stories, I’m looking for high quality here.
Must be willing to allow audiobook and you must have Paypal since that’s how we will pay you.
Sub to [email protected]
Via: Facebook Post.
- Trembling With Fear 10/14/2018 - October 14, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Dreamforge - October 12, 2018
- Video Refresh: Karen Runge Interview - October 12, 2018
- Closed Market: Iridium Magazine - October 11, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Gardens Anthology - October 11, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Compelling Science Fiction - October 10, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Splatter Club: Fresh Meat 2018 - October 10, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Story Seed Vault - October 10, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Nothing Without Us - October 9, 2018
- Contest: St. Martin’s Minotaur/ Mystery Writers of America First Crime Novel Competition - October 9, 2018