- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Worlds of Possibility
April 30, 2022
Deadline: April 30th, 2022
Payment: 10 cents per word.
Theme: Science fiction and fantasy that leave the reader with a sense of hope in some way.
Note: My apologies on the short window, only recently came across this one so it’s going up as a bonus post.
Worlds of Possibility is a project I’ve been working on since the beginning of 2021. My patrons and subscribers’ pledges help sponsor original creative Science Fiction and Fantasy works, which I release early to sponsors and then a bit later to the general public.
Worlds of Possibility is a series of science fiction and fantasy works released to Subscribers and Patrons of Julia Rios exclusively for a short time before being publicly available. For this project, I am especially excited for works that leave the reader with a sense of hope in some way. Past examples of works I’ve published for this project are here: https://www.patreon.com/juliarios/posts?filters%5Btag%5D=Worlds%20of%20Possibility
What I want for the April 2022 reading period:
- Original (not reprint) science fiction and fantasy stories
- Up to 5,000 words, with no minimum requirement (flash is welcome!)
- Ideally the stories should leave the reader with some sense of hope
What rights am I asking for?
- The right to display the work on my Patreon, substack, or other personal site
- 6 months of exclusivity
- The right to eventually publish the work in an anthology of Worlds of Possibility works
What am I offering in exchange, and when?
- $0.10USD per word
- To be paid once we have agreed on a final version of the work (after edits, but before publication)
Via: Julia Rios.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!