- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Untitled TIME anthology
Deadline: June 15th, 2019
Payment: $5-20, depending on the length and a contributor’s copy
Untitled TIME anthology
DEADLINE: 15 June 2019
Does time really exist?
In Fragments, Heraclitus wrote that “Time is a game played beautifully by children.” If we take the ancient Greek philosopher at his word, then time is an illusion, and we are not resigned to its callous whims.
What would you do if time was not a factor?
Now, let’s say that time is a very real and unyielding construct, that we are slaves to the clock, trapped within the second hand’s constraints. Can we unlock the power to change the course of its flow, or must we always remain its servants?
TRANSMUNDANE PRESS is now accepting submissions for an upcoming anthology focused on the nature of time. We are searching for unique takes on the subject: unusual stories that feature extraordinary, well-drawn characters in compelling, interesting situations.
We want the weird, the stirring, stories that will challenge readers’ perceptions and stick with them long after the book is closed.
Make your tale worth our time.
Remember: time travel is low-hanging fruit, so if you plan on popping your characters in a DeLorean or a phone booth, make sure that you really bring it.
DEADLINE: 15 JUNE 2019
Send stories that are heavily edited and ready for us to read.
These must be original pieces for first-time publication.
Limit of two submissions per person, if you have more, make a note of it in your email, and we’ll ask if we’re interested.
WORD COUNT: No longer than 5,000 words.
- Your submissions must be in 12-point, Times New Roman font, double-spaced with page numbers.
- We like headers in the top right corner with your last name and page numbers so that your work can’t get jumbled up.
- A title page with author information: address, e-mail, phone number, word count, a brief author bio, and your platform links.
SUBMITTING THE FILE: word doc, docx, or RTF to [email protected]. Your submission file should be saved as TIME_LAST NAME_STORY TITLE so we can easily find your work during the consideration and editing process. (example: TIME_SMITH_THE PORTAL)
RATE OF PAY: $5-20, depending on length, and author copies: one physical and one electronic.
PUBLICATION DATE: WINTER 2019
FORMATS OF PUBLICATION: trade paperbacks, e-book, and .pdf versions will be available through Amazon and at transmundanepress.com, a limited-edition hardback may be created as well.
MARKETING INFO: Transmundane Press hosts a lot of marketing opportunities for authors involved with our publications, such as giveaways, author interviews, and blog tours, etc. We encourage our authors to maintain an active social media presence as well as a website to help promote themselves and the publication. We are also open to your ideas and suggestions to help get the word out about this exciting publication.
Good luck! We can’t wait to read your work.
Via: Transmundane Press.
- Taking Submissions: The One and Future Kingdom - September 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Other Stories (Vol 46.) Beyond Death - September 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Cosmic Roots And Eldritch Shores - September 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Underbelly Magazine #5 - September 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Glitter + Ashes: Queer Tales of a World That Wouldn’t Die - September 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: “Deep Underground” Novellas - September 18, 2019
- Contest: Tales From The Moonlit Path: Halloween Special Edition - September 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Resistance Art Attack - September 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: LampLight Magazine - September 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Trouble Among The Stars #4 - September 16, 2019