- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Untitled Anthology On Dreams, Nightmares, Visions, And Hallucinations
Deadline: March 15th, 2018
Payment: $5-20, depending on length and a contributor’s copy
An untitled anthology on DREAMS, NIGHTMARES, VISIONS, and HALLUCINATIONS.
DEADLINE: 15 MARCH 2018
The world appears normal, but something is off.
Is the hallway stretching? The windows and doors too wide? Are colors this vibrant, this alive?
Sharp claws and jagged teeth closing in.
You run, but everything slows. The creature’s breathing intensifies, its poisonous breath slaps the back of your neck.
A crack appears, the seams split, and reality crumbles. Are you falling or floating? The music echoes, raindrops against memories. The past, present, and future are one, birth and death the same moment.
You scream—awaken, covered in sweat.
The nightmare fades, shards of the dream fade into the ether.
The wise one kneels before the altar, meditates as candles and incense burn. Through rhythmic breathing and concentration, spirit separates from body and roams the astral plane. The wandering soul happens across a curtain of blue velvet, blowing in the gentle breeze. The answers are behind the fabric—once pulled aside, everything shall be revealed.
What is that? Is it real? It can’t be…
TRANSMUNDANE PRESS proudly announces a new anthology, this time exploring DREAMS, NIGHTMARES, VISIONS, and HALLUCINATIONS.
We are looking for stories centered upon the mysterious powers of the mind—the images that bewitch us while we sleep, the terrors that make us dread bedtime, the prophecies delivered from the divine, and the illusions that appear tangible.
Send stories that are heavily edited and ready for us to read.
These must be original pieces for first-time publication.
WORD COUNT: No longer than 6,000 words.
- Your submissions must be in 12 point, Times New Roman font, double-spaced with page numbers.
- We like headers in the top right corner with your last name and page numbers so that your work can’t get jumbled up.
- A cover sheet with author information: address, e-mail, phone number, word count, a brief author bio, and your platform links.
SUBMITTING THE FILE: word doc, docX, or RTF to [email protected]. Your submission file should be saved as DNVH_LAST NAME_STORY TITLE so we can easily find your work during the consideration and editing process. (example: DNVH_SMITH_THE AWAKENING)
RATE OF PAY: $5-20, depending on length, and author copies: one physical and one electronic.
PUBLICATION DATE: SUMMER/FALL 2018
FORMATS OF PUBLICATION: trade paperbacks, limited edition hard cover, e-book, and .pdf versions will be available through Amazon and at transmundanepress.com.
MARKETING INFO: Transmundane Press hosts a lot of marketing opportunities for authors involved with our publications, such as giveaways, author interviews, and blog tours, etc. We encourage our authors to maintain an active social media presence as well as a website to help promote themselves and the publication. We are also open to your ideas and suggestions to help get the word out about this exciting publication.
Good luck! We can’t wait to read your work.
Via: Transmundane Press.
- Trembling With Fear 03/18/2018 - March 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Colp: The Passage Of Time - March 16, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Odd Tales Of Wonder - March 15, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Innsmouthbreathers: Cautionary Fables of Mythos Fandom! - March 14, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Haunted Are These Houses - March 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Monstrous Outlines - March 12, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 03/11/2018 - March 11, 2018
- Horror Tree’s Patreon Is Live - March 9, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Alternative Truths: Endgame - March 9, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Polar Borealis Magazine #7 - March 8, 2018