- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Typewriter Emergencies: A Journal of Furry Lit Vol. 3
September 20, 2019
Deadline: September 20th, 2019
Payment: 1 cent per word
Typewriter Emergencies is seeking works featuring furry characters. We’re looking for stories, book reviews, articles, and any other form of furry material. The journal accepts work that is considered rated R or Less. You can throw in the word “fuck” around a few times, but no excessive sex, blood, and guts pretty much. Typewriter Emergencies publishes under the philosophy of degenerate literature. We’re not here to be proper, we’re here to make art and celebrate great writing. We don’t have a specific theme for our issues, therefore it’s free reign. Themes may be implemented in the future.
We plan on publishing at least twice a year. If we feel we can take on a heavier load, we’ll open up for more issues. Our Schedule is as follows:
Payment is $0.01 per word.
Payment for Poetry is $5 per
All rights revert back to the author. We simply ask for the right to publish the story for the period this journal is active.
Simultaneous submissions are fine. It is your responsibility to notify us if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Max word count is 2500 words. Anything over this will not be accepted.
- Reprints will be reviewed, but we will prefer previously unpublished work.
Each issue is expected to have a small amount of material, 3-5 stories at most.
Articles & Reviews:
- Max word count 1000 words. Anything considered a book review or article that is over 1000 words will not be considered.
- Articles/Book reviews must be predominantly furry in nature.
- Reviews must not contain spoilers.
- We will not accept reviews that are overly negative.
- As for articles, familiarize yourself with [adjective][species] or Dogpatch Press, and related furry websites.
- We will not reprint articles or reviews.
We accept submissions through Submittable only. Emailed submissions will not be read. Our submittable link can be seen below.
Payments are made through Paypal. If another format is needed, it can be discussed.