- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Trans-fur-mation: Tales from transgender furry voices
Deadline: October 31st, 2019
Payment: $20 and a contributor’s copy
Trans people have not often had a voice. We have been ignored. We have been told by others who and what we are. We have been given a role to play in the world. But rarely have we had the power to make our voices heard – until only fairly recently. This anthology exists to allow the voices of trans individuals within the furry community to tell their stories through the medium of speculative fiction.
Tales that are encouraged should be ones that address or challenge how gender is viewed and can be from any genre; urban slice-of-life, fantasy, science-fiction. Some examples may be: A teenager in school discovers a magical book that transforms them into the body they always imagined they could have. An android in the far future awakens to discover that the body it wears is inexplicably not right. An assassin takes one last big contract so that she can afford enough money to pay for her reassignment surgery. These are our stories. These are our voices. Make them heard.
All story submissions must be “furry” in nature. Please note this is a pro-trans collection and anti-trans stories will not be considered. Erotic stories will be considered but please avoid stories that objectify or fetishize trans individuals.
We will NOT accept:
Racism, sexism, or discrimination presented in a positive light.
Pedophilia or sex with characters under the age of 18 presented in a positive light.
Rape, torture, dubious consent, forced seduction presented in a positive light.
Snuff or Necrophilia presented in a positive light
Bestiality presented in a positive light
If you are in doubt, ASK. Better to ask than to get a straight up rejection! If you are unsure, just shoot me an email at [email protected].
You can submit up to three stories, but we will only accept one per author (if any).
Reprints are fine, but you have to own full permission of the work in order for us to consider it.
We will not accept simultaneous submissions.
Payment: Authors who are accepted will receive $20 for their story and a free copy of the print book.
- Taking Submissions: Air: Sylphs, Spirits and Swan Maidens – Elemental Anthologies #3 - November 14, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: After Dinner Conversation - November 14, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: tdotSpec Magazine - November 13, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Nefarious Nature - November 13, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Cossmass Infinities - November 12, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Murder Park After Dark Volume 3 - November 12, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Midnight & Indigo – Speculative Fiction / Horror Issue - November 11, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Scary Snippets: Christmas Edition - November 11, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Unfading Daydream - November 11, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Midnight In The Pentagram - November 8, 2019