- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Thuggish Itch: Theme Park
December 28, 2018
Deadline: December 28th, 2018
Payment: AU$5.00 for stories under 2000 words / AU$10.00 for anything above 2000 words
Thuggish Itch is our horror and sci-fi anthology collection.
This is the place to submit your horror, sci-fi and speculative fiction stories.
Current theme: Theme Park
Theme park, amusement park, fun fair or carnival – no matter what you call them, they are always a great way to escape from the ho hum of your regular life. From roller coasters to dodgem cars, ring toss to log flumes, there is always plenty of fun and excitement to be had (and plenty of opportunities for you to write some terrific speculative fiction).
Think roller coasters and amusement rides. Think loose lap-bars and dark tunnels. Think long lines, carousels and food poisoning. Try to think outside the box and give us something that would wouldn’t have seen before.
Thuggish Itch is our horror, sci-fi and speculative fiction collection. Please make sure that your story falls within one of these genres. Be original. We also encourage new and unpublished writers to take the leap and get in touch.
Please ensure that you read through the general guidelines below and format your submission accordingly. If you have any specific questions please contact us using the form on the home page or via the listed social media accounts.
To help make sure that your submission gets to the correct place, please include the following in the subject line of your email: Thuggish Itch – Theme Park – *Story Title*‘.
- Word count: 1000 – 4000 words
- Deadline: December 28 2018
- Payment: AU$5.00 for stories under 2000 words / AU$10.00 for anything above 2000 words
- Please no extremeerotica or stories that feature excessive violence or vulgarity (unless otherwise specified).
- All stories should be formatted appropriately. Please see here for more details.
- Ensure that your name, address, and email contact and word count are at the top of your manuscript.
- Double check your spelling and grammar before sending your work through.
- Please submit all stories in .doc, .docx or .rtf formats.
- International submissions are accepted.
- No simultaneous submissions.
- Multiple submissions are encouraged.
- Where possible, we will provide feedback on request.
- No reprints.
- Please send all submissions to [email protected]
Via: Gypsum Sound Tales.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!