- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Thuggish Itch: Scientific
September 14, 2018
Deadline: September 14th, 2018
Payment: AU$5.00 for stories under 2000 words / AU$10.00 for anything above 2000 words
Thuggish Itch is our horror and sci-fi anthology collection.
This is the place to submit your horror, sci-fi and speculative fiction stories.
Current theme: Scientific
Something a little different this time for Thuggish Itch‘s second issue. Over the years, Science has given us many good jumping off points for a horror story; hell, the subject alone provided us with the genre of science fiction. With our technology changing daily as new discoveries and new ideas come to light, its often hard to predict how these cutting edge theories might pan out. That’s where you come in… We want your predictions, your ideas, your concerns and fears.
We have selected ten of our favourite scientific concepts. For each of these concepts we are willing to read up to five submissions before one will be selected for the anthology.
Have a look at the list below and email through to us the concept that you wish to write a story about. We will not be able to accept your submission if you have not pre-selected a concept. As selections are made the list will be updated to represent what concepts are still available. Get in quick so that you don’t miss out.
genetically modified food
travelling at the speed of light
[See website to see how many of these are still being read for.]
It is suggested that you have a little read about your chosen concept to make sure thatyou have a basic idea what it’s all about.
Thuggish Itch is our horror, sci-fi and speculative fiction collection. Please ensure that your story falls within one of these genres.
Please ensure that you read through the general guidelines below and if there are specific questions please contact us using the form on the home page or via the listed social media accounts.
To help make sure that your submission gets to the correct place, please include the following in the subject line of your email: ‘Thuggish Itch – Scientific – *Concept* – *Story Title*‘.
- Word count: 1000 – 5000 words (we’re willing to consider longer or shorter if the story is good)
- Deadline: September 14 2018
- Payment: AU$5.00 for stories under 2000 words / AU$10.00 for anything above 2000 word
- Please no extremeerotica or stories that feature excessive violence or vulgarity (unless otherwise specified).
- All stories should be formatted appropriately. Please see here for more details.
- Ensure that your name, address, and email contact and word count are at the top of your manuscript.
- Double check your spelling and grammar before sending your work through.
- Please submit all stories in .doc, .docx or .rtf formats.
- International submissions are accepted.
- No simultaneous submissions.
- Multiple submissions are encouraged.
- Where possible, we will provide feedback on request.
- No reprints.
- Please send all submissions to [email protected]
Via: Gypsum Sound Tales.
- Taking Submissions: The One and Future Kingdom - September 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Other Stories (Vol 46.) Beyond Death - September 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Cosmic Roots And Eldritch Shores - September 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Underbelly Magazine #5 - September 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Glitter + Ashes: Queer Tales of a World That Wouldn’t Die - September 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: “Deep Underground” Novellas - September 18, 2019
- Contest: Tales From The Moonlit Path: Halloween Special Edition - September 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Resistance Art Attack - September 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: LampLight Magazine - September 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Trouble Among The Stars #4 - September 16, 2019