- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Thuggish Itch: After Midnight
Deadline: May 31st, 2023
Payment: AU$5.00 for stories under 2500 words / AU$10.00 for anything above 2500 words
Theme: After Midnight
Thuggish Itch is our horror and sci-fi anthology collection.
Home to your horror, sci-fi and speculative fiction stories.
Our favourite time of the day are those few hours between 11:00 pm and 1:00 am. After midnight is when all the fun starts, and when things will often go bump in the night. They don’t call it the witching hour for nothing…
For this collection, we are looking for stories that take place between the hours of midnight and 5:00am.
Thuggish Itch is our horror, sci-fi and speculative fiction collection. Please make sure that your story falls within one of these genres. Be original. We also encourage new and unpublished writers to take the leap and get in touch.
Please ensure that you read through the general guidelines and format your submission accordingly. If you have any specific questions please contact us using the form on the home page or via the listed social media accounts.
To help make sure that your submission gets to the correct place, please include the following in the subject line of your email: Thuggish Itch – Midnight- Story Title.
- Word count: 1000 – 5000 words
- Deadline: May 31 2023
- Payment: AU$5.00 for stories under 2500 words / AU$10.00 for anything above 2500 words
- Please no extreme erotica or stories that feature excessive violence or vulgarity (unless otherwise specified).
- We are all dog lovers here, so violence against animals is the quickest way to get your story rejected.
- All stories should be formatted appropriately. Please see here for more details.
- Ensure that your name, address, and email contact and word count are at the top of your manuscript.
- Double check your spelling and grammar before sending your work.
- Please submit all stories in .doc, .docx or .rtf formats.
- International submissions are accepted.
- No simultaneous submissions.
- Multiple submissions are encouraged.
- Where possible, we will provide feedback on request.
- No reprints.
- Please send all submissions to [email protected]
Via: Gypsum Sound Tales.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!