- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: The Third Corona Book of Horror Stories
Deadline: April 30th, 2019
Payment: advance royalties of £50 ($67)
The call for submissions for The Third Corona Book of Horror Stories is now open. Help us make this our best anthology yet.
We invite submissions of brilliant modern horror short stories from you, whoever you are and wherever you are. In fact, we want to do everything to encourage you to submit your stories and nothing to discourage you. So:
- We’re not asking for exclusivity or any rights to your story other than to publish it in The Third Corona Book of Horror Stories.
- We will pay advance royalties of £50 ($67) to the author of each story we publish in the book.
- We’re keeping our guidelines as simple and straightforward as possible with no outdated or unnecessary rules about formatting etc.
Full details are as follows:
This autumn we will publish The Third Corona Book of Horror Stories, to be a collection of the best in new horror writing comprising between fifteen and twenty short stories.
If you think you have written, or can write, a great horror story that you would like to see included in The Third Corona Book of Horror Stories, we would love to hear from you. We want this collection to include only brilliant modern horror stories and to surpass in terms of quality the high standards we set ourselves again with last year’s The Second Corona Book of Horror Stories.
We are looking for the best in new horror stories.
Submissions in English are welcome from any country.
Stories should be between a minimum of 1,000 words and a maximum of 8,000 words – there will be room for both short short stories and long short stories.
There will be room too in the book for various different takes on what constitutes horror – we want the stories in the book to be varied. Your story can be supernatural or natural horror. It can be graphic or gory, or merely sinister or spooky.
We’d also like you to include a few words about yourself with your submission, giving us a very brief bio, covering other writing you’ve done and letting us know about your social media presence and willingness to help promote The Third Corona Book of Horror Stories if your story is included.
And also, we’d recommend that you do check out The Second Corona Book of Horror Stories as that will give you a good idea of what we’re all about. You can begin to read it for free here and for the duration of the call we’ll keep the Kindle edition available at the low price of £1.99 ($2.99). C’mon!
We are not asking for exclusivity or any other rights to your story other than to publish it in The Third Corona Book of Horror Stories. You will retain the copyright to your story and be free to publish it in any form at any time elsewhere. In return, we perhaps can’t offer immediate fame and fortune, but we can offer a degree of kudos if we accept your story, author copies and a proportionate share of the net royalties on any sales over the first one thousand copies. And if we select your story for inclusion, we will make an immediate advance royalty payment to you of £50 (or $67 or equivalent amount in other currencies), which will obviously be yours to keep whatever happens.
If you wish, you can submit more than one story, but obviously please keep this within reason, and do be aware that, like The Corona Book of Horror Stories and The Second Corona Book of Horror Stories, The Third Corona Book of Horror Stories will include no more than one story by any one author.
The Third Corona Book of Horror Stories, again like the earlier books in the series, will include potted biographies of all its writers and a list of author websites and Twitter accounts to aid readers wanting to find out more about you and your writing.
Think you have a brilliant horror short story? – We’d love to hear from you.
Please submit stories to [email protected] with Word or pdf attachments only, and to arrive by Tuesday 30th April 2019.
Via: Corona Books.
- Taking Submissions: Death and Butterflies - August 19, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 08/18/2019 - August 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Vestal Review – Web Edition - August 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: An Untitled Stormy Island Publishing Anthology - August 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine Issue 8: Euphoria (Short Window!) - August 15, 2019
- Trajan’s Arch Blog Tour – On Mythic Fiction - August 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Body & Blood - August 14, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: We Will Remember Freedom - August 14, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: The Bronzeville Bee - August 13, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Blue Route #23 - August 13, 2019