- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: The New Flesh
July 31, 2011
The New Flesh
DEADLINE: July 31st, 2011
PAYMENT: 1 cent per word and contributor copy
Reading Period: We are now open to submissions.
What we want: Looking for dark, weird, bizarro fiction. Nothing is too taboo or out of bounds.
Tip: Read the types of stories posted on THE NEW FLESH. Yes, we want them that weird.
Length: 3,000 – 7,000 words.
Deadline: July 31st, 2011 [or until book is full]
Payment: We pay 1 cent per word for original fiction, paid on publication. You will also receive one contributor’s copy.
How we pay: The Doc typically pays through check, sent with your contributor’s copy.
Rights: One time exclusive rights to publish the story in the anthology. The Publisher shall retain rights of printing the story five years from the date of publication. The same rights are given for a Kindle edition. Podcasting rights are also given for the five year period. If after the five year contract the Publisher and Author agree, printing of the story in the Anthology will continue. All subsidiary rights such as (film, comic, etc) remain with the author.
How to submit: We accept electronic submissions only. Send submissions to [email protected] . Make sure to put [NEW FLESH ANTHOLOGY] and the title of your story in the subject line. We use the same e-mail address for all submissions and without the proper subject line we won’t know where your story fits in our publications.
Format: No need for a cover letter; but make sure to include a short bio (written in third-person) embedded in the body of the e-mail. Please include a few previous publishing credits.
Submission Format: RTF (.rtf) or MS WORD (.doc) file sent as an attachment. Underline all italicized text. Please include all contact information with your manuscript. Use Times New Roman 12pt font and double space your lines, please.
Multiple Submissions: No.
Simultaneous Submissions: No.
Reprints: We do not accept reprints at this time.
Response time: Quick. We don’t mess around. You WILL NOT wait months for a response. If you do, then we never got your submission.
Publication date: There is no set publication date for this anthology. Once the anthology is full, we will publish it within twelve months. The plan is to hopefully have this bad boy released late 2011.
[via: The New Flesh.]
- Taking Submissions: The temz Review - April 25, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Corvid Queen - April 25, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Fiddler’s Green Peculiar Parish Magazine – All Fiction Issue - April 24, 2019
- Taking Submissions: When The Sirens Have Faded - April 24, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Timeworn Literary Journal - April 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Shut Down Strangers & Hot Rod Angels - April 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Retro Horror - April 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Fairytale Dragons - April 22, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 04/21/2019 - April 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Recognize Fascism - April 19, 2019