- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Skeptics Must Die
May 1, 2016
Deadline: May 1st, 2015
Payment: $20 per story
What we are looking for:
It’s an old trope, the skeptic who moves into the haunted house only to eventually start to believe in the supernatural about the time a ghost tears his life apart. This is the story we are looking for but just because it is a trope doesn’t mean it can’t be unique. It doesn’t have to be a haunted house, there’s a whole world of cryptids out there just waiting to attack unsuspecting documentary teams in the woods. We are looking for stories that are Dark Comedy, not a parody or spoof. You must scare us & make us laugh, not one or the other.
Pay $20 per story
Word Count 5000-7500 words
Anticipated Release Date 07/2016Additional Stipulations:
No reprints. No simultaneous submissions. We will hold all rights to reprints for one year from the date of publication.Must be able to return the signed contract (if accepted) within 15 days of receipt.) Payment for accepted submissions will be made within 15 days of receipt of signed contract. If you have an amazing story under 5k words that you believe will fit, we can consider it for publication. However, if the story is accepted pay will be lower than the $20 listed above.
Failure to follow the following guidelines will result in immediate disqualification of the work.
- Word document
- Courier font size 12
- Double spaced
- Include a cover letter in the body of the email with a description of the story, if it has been previously published, a short bio (under 50 words) and one website where readers can find more of your work.
- We may accept simultaneous submissions, each anthology is different,
- We may accept reprints, each anthology is different.
- Send submissions to [email protected] with the anthology name in the subject field.
- Payments are made via Paypal
Via: Disquieted Dreams.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!