- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Sick Cruising
May 20, 2020
Deadline: May 20th 2020
Payment: $20 and a contributors copy
Theme: A global pandemic of “Red Lungs” is going on. This book tells stories about how the rich have gathered together to weather the storm. Only, one of them is infected
As a new virus rages on land the richest man in the world has invited over five hundred rich and privileged friends, acquaintances, influences and hangers-on to weather the sickness on his private luxury yacht.
But one of them has brought a guest along. You guessed it! The Red Lungs virus. It starts like a cold, becomes a raging fever, then floods the lungs with blood.
What we want:
Snappy short stories with a minimum of 2000 words using our provided writing prompts.
Punch everyone’s virus anxieties, fears; anger at inequality in the nuts with your contribution to this anthology! Use wit, gore, action or inaction, (of course, we always love us some good epistolary fiction) you can even throw some sharks in the mix if you want to.
What we DON’T want:
Torture, adult content, racism, hate mongering, preachiness, bigotry of any kind, sexism, turgid writing.
What can help you:
Read Masque of the Red Death by Poe
And this helpful Pixar information on io9.Gizmodo.
Deadline: May 20 2020
Publication: June 20th 2020 at the latest
Payment: $20.00 on acceptance, one paperback copy, one digital copy, one audiobook copy.
- Use our provided prompts
- Final submission must be edited
- Rights For this collection. Exclusive, one year; first worldwide electronic, audio and print rights for one year and nonexclusive rights afterward. For reprints, we will ask for nonexclusive reprinting rights.
The first page should have:
- Your name and pen name if you use your pen name.
- Contact information: Email, phone
- Title of story: Title of your manuscript 8.5″ × 11″ layout Times New Roman font. Headers: 18 points font size Body of text: 12-point font-size. Double-spaced
Submissions: books at nphzone.com
Via: NPH Zone.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!