- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Shades of Santa
December 20, 2017
Deadline: December 20th, 2017
Payment: $6 (AUD) plus an ebook
Come one, come all! “Shades of Santa” xmas-themed fiction magazine is open for submissions!
Things in the Well are looking for flash fiction for another fun fiction magazine project similar to Trickster’s Treats. This time it’s Xmas-themed and the deadline is December 20th, so you’ll need to put your pointy green thinking caps on if you want to enter!
I’ve selected six categories and hoping for six stories in each category, so when you submit please choose the right category… for your story. The word count is 666 words – please aim for exactly that number, but don’t go above it. Attached word documents are fine, with single-line spaces, no tabs, and doubles quotes for “speech.” If selected, payment will be $6 (AUD) plus an ebook. Profits will go to some suitable charity – tbd. This will be ebook only unless there is a real demand for printed copies, which wouldn’t be until after xmas.
So, please submit your completed stories to:- [email protected] preferably with the subject:
“Shades of Santa – category 1, 2, 3 etc. – your story name”
Anything else please feel free to email me on [email protected]
Here are the categories:
1. Sleigh bells
2. All is calm…
3. The naughty list
4. Is that really an elf?
5. Carols, choirs, and vocal chords
6. Snow people
- Taking Submissions: Silver Needle Press Fall 2018 Journal - April 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deductions, Delinquents, And Detectives - April 23, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Sword & Sorceress 33 - April 23, 2018
- 5 Ongoing Spots To Submit Children’s Short Stories! - April 23, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 04/22/2018 - April 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Dread: A Furry Horror Mag - April 20, 2018
- Guest Post: Writing Horror - April 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Slice #24: Time - April 19, 2018
- Eraserhead Press & Deadite Press Are Open To Novels And Novellas - April 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Working Zealot’s Guide to Gaining Capital in Pre-Apocalyptic America - April 18, 2018