- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Shades of Santa
December 20, 2017
Deadline: December 20th, 2017
Payment: $6 (AUD) plus an ebook
Come one, come all! “Shades of Santa” xmas-themed fiction magazine is open for submissions!
Things in the Well are looking for flash fiction for another fun fiction magazine project similar to Trickster’s Treats. This time it’s Xmas-themed and the deadline is December 20th, so you’ll need to put your pointy green thinking caps on if you want to enter!
I’ve selected six categories and hoping for six stories in each category, so when you submit please choose the right category… for your story. The word count is 666 words – please aim for exactly that number, but don’t go above it. Attached word documents are fine, with single-line spaces, no tabs, and doubles quotes for “speech.” If selected, payment will be $6 (AUD) plus an ebook. Profits will go to some suitable charity – tbd. This will be ebook only unless there is a real demand for printed copies, which wouldn’t be until after xmas.
So, please submit your completed stories to:- [email protected] preferably with the subject:
“Shades of Santa – category 1, 2, 3 etc. – your story name”
Anything else please feel free to email me on [email protected]
Here are the categories:
1. Sleigh bells
2. All is calm…
3. The naughty list
4. Is that really an elf?
5. Carols, choirs, and vocal chords
6. Snow people
- The Unholy Trinity: Barrel - January 18, 2019
- SFWA Is Raising Pro Rate For Short Fiction To Eight Cents Per Word - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Suburban Review #13: LUCK - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Even Furries Hate Nazis - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Tales from the Space Force - January 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Historic Heroines - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: parABnormal Magazine - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Remain Magazine - January 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec May Issue 2019 - January 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Alternative Apocalypses - January 14, 2019