- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Nightscript (Vol. 2)
February 28, 2016
Deadline: February 28th, 2016
Payment: $30 and a contributor’s copy
Nightscript is published annually, during grand October, in both trade and electronic editions. Each anthology will feature twenty contemporary fictions ranging in length from 2,000 to 7,000 words.
Note: I am currently OPEN to submissions. My reading period for Nightscript (Vol. 2) begins January 1st and ends February 28th.
N. is a venue for ‘strange tales’, a term used to describe fictions supernatural, uncanny, weird, and so forth. In other words, I am looking for subtle and darksome literary horror. If you feel that your work has been inspired in no small part by authors such as Robert Aickman, Shirley Jackson, Dennis Etchison, Flannery O’Connor, Terry Lamsley, Lisa Tuttle, Thomas Owen, Mary Shelley, Arthur Machen, then N. is probably the venue for you.
Authors are asked to submit their original tales via the email provided below and should allow 1 to 8 week(s) for a response. (If a submission is held for longer than two weeks this typically means that it is being considered.)
Submit .doc files to: [email protected] (Please send only one story per reading period.)
Payment is $30 and includes one contributor’s copy.
N. is a labor of love, and as such I shall endeavor to produce an aesthetically pleasing product for which all contributors can feel proud.
That said, I look forward to reading your work!
Thank you kindly for your interest.
C.M. Muller, editor & publisher
To keep abreast of all things N., please consider following its Facebook page.
Via: Chthonic Matter.
- Ongoing Submissions: Cosmic Horror Monthly - February 20, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Corners of the World - February 20, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Disturbia - February 19, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Every Day Fiction – April 2020 Themes - February 19, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Historic Fantasy - February 18, 2020
- WIHM: Just Sit Down and Bleed: On Writing Female and Diverse Characters - February 18, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Worst Laid Plans: An Anthology of Vacation Horror - February 18, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Acethetic - February 17, 2020
- WIHM: Redefining the Horror Genre - February 17, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Gotta Wear Eclipse Glasses - February 17, 2020