- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Night Terrors II
May 31, 2011
Night Terrors II
DEADLINE: May 31st 2011
PAYMENT: 1st place- 5¢/word; 2nd place 3¢/word; 3rd place 2.5¢/word. All other stories will receive 2¢/word
Night Terrors is back!
And volume two is going to take terror to a new level. Like volume I, this second volume will be an open themed anthology of horror. Meaning we want stories from all topics and subcategories of horror. Including, but not limited to: psychological, creatures, paranormal, and gore. Remember, evil has no boundaries and neither do we! Nothing is off limits, so take advantage of the freedom. Science fiction and dark fantasy* will be considered as long as it has a strong element of horror. Try to avoid classic horror conventions/monsters (vampires, werewolves, and zombies), unless you incorporate a unique twist.
Third person stories are preferred but we’ll read first person stories as long as they are well done or integral to the plot.
Stories can range from 750 – 4500 words firm and must be rooted in the realms of horror/dark fiction.
Stories must be formatted in the following manner:
12 point font
Times New Roman or Courier New
Contact information in the upper left(name, address, phone number, email)
Word Count Upper Right
1 Space after a punctuation
Underline everything you would like to italicize at publication
Attach as a .doc file
Submission: Starts March 1st and closes May 31st (2011). Selections will not be made until after the submission period.
We’ll accept stories in any setting or time period, as long as it’s well written, powerful and original. Most importantly, scare us. We want to be haunted by your story long after we put it down. Gore and sex are acceptable, as long as it serves a purpose.
Payment: 1st place- 5¢/word; 2nd place 3¢/word; 3rd place 2.5¢/word. All other stories will receive 2¢/word.
Send submissions to [email protected]. Subject should read:
Night Terrors II: story title/author last name
* Fantasy is always a gray area. Dark fantasy to us is more H.P. Lovecraft than J.R.R. Tolkien. We’d like to see a creepy world you created or a flipside image of humanity rather than Middle Earth type realms featuring wizards and dwarfs
- Taking Submissions: Augur Preview Issue - April 28, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Audient Void: A Journal of Weird Fiction #4 - April 27, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Misbehaving Dead - April 26, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Welcome to Miskatonic University - April 25, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Beauty of Death 2 – Death By Water - April 24, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Deadman’s Tome: Horrors of War – Disposable Heroes - April 24, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 04/23/2017 - April 23, 2017
- Taking Submissions: A Midas Clutch: Tales of Opulent Horror - April 21, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Likely Red - April 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec August Issue 2017 - April 19, 2017