- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Night Terrors II
May 31, 2011
Night Terrors II
DEADLINE: May 31st 2011
PAYMENT: 1st place- 5¢/word; 2nd place 3¢/word; 3rd place 2.5¢/word. All other stories will receive 2¢/word
Night Terrors is back!
And volume two is going to take terror to a new level. Like volume I, this second volume will be an open themed anthology of horror. Meaning we want stories from all topics and subcategories of horror. Including, but not limited to: psychological, creatures, paranormal, and gore. Remember, evil has no boundaries and neither do we! Nothing is off limits, so take advantage of the freedom. Science fiction and dark fantasy* will be considered as long as it has a strong element of horror. Try to avoid classic horror conventions/monsters (vampires, werewolves, and zombies), unless you incorporate a unique twist.
Third person stories are preferred but we’ll read first person stories as long as they are well done or integral to the plot.
Stories can range from 750 – 4500 words firm and must be rooted in the realms of horror/dark fiction.
Stories must be formatted in the following manner:
12 point font
Times New Roman or Courier New
Contact information in the upper left(name, address, phone number, email)
Word Count Upper Right
1 Space after a punctuation
Underline everything you would like to italicize at publication
Attach as a .doc file
Submission: Starts March 1st and closes May 31st (2011). Selections will not be made until after the submission period.
We’ll accept stories in any setting or time period, as long as it’s well written, powerful and original. Most importantly, scare us. We want to be haunted by your story long after we put it down. Gore and sex are acceptable, as long as it serves a purpose.
Payment: 1st place- 5¢/word; 2nd place 3¢/word; 3rd place 2.5¢/word. All other stories will receive 2¢/word.
Send submissions to [email protected]. Subject should read:
Night Terrors II: story title/author last name
* Fantasy is always a gray area. Dark fantasy to us is more H.P. Lovecraft than J.R.R. Tolkien. We’d like to see a creepy world you created or a flipside image of humanity rather than Middle Earth type realms featuring wizards and dwarfs
- Ongoing Submissions: Nightlight Podcast - July 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec November Issue 2018 - July 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Bikes in Space Trans & Nonbinary Edition - July 16, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 07/15/2018 - July 15, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Gathering Storm Magazine - July 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Trickster’s Treats – Tales from the Pumpkin Patch #2! - July 13, 2018
- The Importance Of The Author Homepage - July 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Not Just A Pretty Face - July 12, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Twilight Madhouse Volume 4 - July 12, 2018
- Taking Submissions: ‘Haunted House’ And ‘Cosy Crime’ - July 11, 2018