- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Great Weather For Media
Deadline: January 15th, 2020
Payment: $10 and a contributor’s copy
unpredictable, fearless, glistening, innovative… GREAT
great weather for MEDIA seeks poetry, flash fiction, short stories, dramatic monologues, and creative nonfiction for our annual print anthology.
- Submissions are open from October 15th through January 15th every year. Need a reminder? Sign up to our monthly newsletter.
- Our focus is on the edgy, fearless, and experimental but we do not have a set theme for our anthologies. We highly recommend reading one of our previous collections to get a feel for the type of work we are interested in. Our latest anthology is Birds Fall Silent in the Mechanical Sea. We are based in New York City and welcome submissions from both national and international writers.
- 1-4 poems of any length. If you are submitting more than one poem, include them all in a single document. Do not submit multiple poems in separate files. Single-spaced please, or how it should appear on the printed page. Start each poem on a new page.
- 1 prose/creative nonfiction piece, 2 if under 500 words. Maximum word count: 2,500.
- Multiple submissions (in the same genre) are not accepted and will not be read. Please wait until you receive a response from us before submitting again.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine – just notify us with your good news immediately. If you wish to withdraw individual pieces from consideration, click on the title of your submission in Submittable, click on Active, and add a note listing the title(s) to be withdrawn. If you wish to withdraw your entire submission, please use the Withdraw button.
- Please don’t send revisions. You can always add a note to your submissions if there is something you need to let us know about.
- Payment: One contributor copy, plus $10 for writers based in USA. To help towards shipping costs, international writers receive one copy.
- We aim to respond in 1-4 months. If you have not heard from us after five months, please email [email protected]
- Copyright: great weather for MEDIA holds first serial rights for material that we publish. The copyright automatically reverts to the author upon publication. All work may be permanently archived online. We ask that great weather for MEDIA be acknowledged in any subsequent publication of the work.
- We look forward to reading your work!
- Finally, please take a look at our books. Small presses love readers and all support is much appreciated!
- Taking Submissions: Untitled Local Oddities Cemetery Gates Anthology - January 23, 2020
- Taking Submissions: A Monster Told Me Bedtime Stories - January 23, 2020
- Taking Submissions: One Story - January 22, 2020
- Ongoing Submissions: Public Domain Fanzine - January 22, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Best Vegan SFF of the year (Reprints Only) - January 21, 2020
- Ongoing Submissions: Infinite Worlds Magazine - January 21, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Guardians of Time - January 20, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Horror USA: Alaska - January 20, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Twenty Twenty - January 17, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Deep Magic – Short Stories, Novelettes, And Novellas - January 16, 2020