- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Fable: An Anthology of Horror, Suspense & the Supernatural
November 30, 2022 - December 1, 2022
Deadline: November 30th, 2022
Payment: Original Fiction: $0.08/word for the first 1,000 words, and $0.01/word after. Reprints: $0.01/word
Theme: Horror, mystery, crime, thriller, and/or suspense.
Note: Reprints Welcome
Aurelia Leo presents FABLE: An Anthology of Horror, Suspense & the Supernatural open to all authors. Submissions must fall into one of the following categories: horror, mystery, crime, thriller, and/or suspense. Supernatural elements are encouraged. However, they are not necessary.
Deadline: November 30, 2022
Publication Date: Mid-2023
- Original Fiction: $0.08/word for the first 1,000 words, and $0.01/word after
- Reprints: $0.01/word
Length? Flash (1,000 words) up to novella length (39,999 words) (NOT FLEXIBLE)
Format? Shunn Modern Manuscript Format
TABLE OF CONTENTS
“Me, A Hero” © Warren Benedetto (2,200): TBA
“Paddlejumpers” © R. B. Payne (5,950): Two graveyard shift EMTS battle an invasive species when they respond to a not-so-routine emergency call from Hollywood’s famed adult ranch film location.
“The Vandal” © Antony Paschos (8,300): TBA
- Translations are accepted
- Simultaneous submissions to other markets are accepted
- Only two submissions allowed in total (one original and one reprinted story)
- Copyright remains with the author at all times
- Non-exclusive archival rights as long as the website(s) hosting the work are online
- First world electronic and print rights in English with exclusivity for 12 months from the date of publication
- If selected to be republished in another anthology in the future, payment in royalties is $0.01USD per word
- If selected for a podcast or audiobook, payment is $0.01USD per word for non-exclusive electronic audio rights
- Excerpts out of a novel
- Poorly formatted and edited work
- Overtly racist, sexist, or violent work
- Fanfiction of any kind
- Works above the word count
- Taboo elements (rape in all forms, incest, pedophilia, etc.) in almost all cases
- Protagonists that are Queer, Trans, Black, Indigenous, or/and People of Color (QTBIPOC)
- Settings outside of the United States of America, or the United States of America as we know it
- Intersectionality in regards to gender, class, ability status, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, and so on
We take 2-3 weeks to respond to submissions. If you haven’t received a response by then, please query. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Via: Pride Book Cafe.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!