- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Explorer One
November 15, 2019
Deadline: November 15th, 2019
Payment: Contributor’s Copy
A Collection of Extraterrestrial Tales.
Zimbell House is holding open submissions for short sci-fi stories about space exploration from the alien race’s point of view.
Let your imagination roam and put our readers in the middle of the action. We want complete stories from the POV of the alien race. We want to see his/her/its struggles to deal with other races. Why is Explorer One on this particular mission? What is Explorer One trying to find? How will Explorer One deal with the information gleaned from other worlds? Is Explorer One the ship, the mission, or the person?
- Please keep foul language to a minimum-it loses its punch if over-used.
- Dialogue needs to be believable, and please keep dialects/slang to a bare minimum if you must use them.
- No head-hopping or POV changes. Pick one point of view and stick with it.
- Please show more of the action than just telling the reader what happens.
Submissions of both short stories and novellas to this anthology are welcome, please keep in mind the minimum word count is 4,000 and the maximum word count is 20,000.
This anthology is a great opportunity to showcase emerging writers and allow them to build their professional platforms.
Submission Deadline: November 15, 2019, with a targeted release date of mid-February 2019.
Submit your best work. Poorly formatted and unedited work will be turned down. Please use Americanized English spellings. We will be doing light editing as necessary to fit the standards we strive to maintain.
- Any work under 4,000 words will be automatically disqualified for this anthology.
- The work must not have appeared in print or online anywhere before.
- All submissions must be in English.
- Each author may submit up to three (3) unique works—please submit them separately.
- Work must be in Microsoft Word or RTF, double-spaced, 12-point font-no headers/footers.
All contributing authors will receive a free copy of the book in softcover. Authors that are chosen for the anthology will not be paid nor receive royalties for their submission. This is an opportunity to build your platform.
Via: Zimbell House.
- Taking Submissions: A Monster Told Me Bedtime Stories - January 23, 2020
- Taking Submissions: One Story - January 22, 2020
- Ongoing Submissions: Public Domain Fanzine - January 22, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Best Vegan SFF of the year (Reprints Only) - January 21, 2020
- Ongoing Submissions: Infinite Worlds Magazine - January 21, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Guardians of Time - January 20, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Horror USA: Alaska - January 20, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Twenty Twenty - January 17, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Deep Magic – Short Stories, Novelettes, And Novellas - January 16, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec May Issue 2020 - January 16, 2020