- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Eclectically Heroic
Deadline: April 30th, 2017
Payment: $25 for fiction
From March 1 to April 30, Inklings Publishing will be looking for short stories for volume 5 of our Eclectic Writings Series of anthologies.
Eclectically Heroic will be the title of our next installment. Any and all conceptualizations of the concept of heroic will be considered. We are looking for unique takes on this theme. During the submission period, you will be able to buy the first four volumes of the series on Kindle for $1 each so that you can see the types of stories we are interested in. Be aware you will not receive a response until after the submission period ends.
We pay $25 for fiction. Stories should not exceed 7,000 words. You may submit up to 3 stories.
We pay $3 per poem. You may submit between 5 and 10 poems.
We pay $25 for nonfiction. Though we have yet to receive nonfiction essays that make it into out anthologies, we remain hopeful. Essays should not exceed 7,000 words and must be properly cited with regard to references. You may submit up to 3 essays.
If you submit across genres, please submit only 3 selections total for our consideration.
Thank you. We look forward to reading your work.
Send your submission to [email protected] formatted as follows:
Your document should be a MS Word document. We do not accept PDF documents as we use track changes and comments during our internal review process.
The document should be double-spaced with paragraphs indented using word styles(not tabbed). All manuscripts must use Ariel font, have page numbers and use 12 pt font for your text. The header should contain the title of the work and page number in right hand corner.
The first page should be a cover page containing: your legal name; pen name, if applicable; address; email; phone number; and approximate word count.
The second page should be a summary of the work, which should not exceed that one page.
The subject of the email should read — RE: Manuscript Submission (Genre). In the body of the email, write a short paragraph indicating why you chose to submit to Inklings Publishing.
Any work submitted that does not follow this criteria will be automatically rejected. Thank you for your cooperation.
Via: Inklings Publishing.
- Ongoing Submissions: Feed Your Monster - September 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Antimatter Magazine - September 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation: A Fairy Tale Magazine - September 18, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 09/17/2017 - September 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: After The Orange - September 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: ROAR 9 - September 14, 2017
- Taking Submissions: One Story - September 13, 2017
- Taking Submission: ‘Alien Invasion’ And ‘Endless Apocalypse’ - September 12, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Mad Scientist Journal - September 12, 2017
- ‘Full Bleed’ Is Coming To Kickstarter And Might Be Of Interest To You! - September 12, 2017