- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Dead Men’s Tales
May 29, 2013
Deadline: May 29th 2013
Payment: 5% royalties after cost per story published.
Fringeworks is always trying to find clever ways of getting fifteen drunken pirates on a dead man’s chest. We are currently seeking submissions for an anthology entitled ‘Dead Men’s Tales’. The story will be published under our KnightWatch Press imprint.
Submission deadline for this anthology is midnight on Monday, 29th May 2013.
As the title suggests, we are looking for stories between 2,000 and 6,000 words, which are in some way related to pirates, and which are told from the perspective of a dead character who is either in the story or referenced by it. The character must be dead when telling the story, although his or her demise can be before, during or after the events of the tale itself (we will give priority to stories where the circumstances of that death are integral to the story).
We are looking for new and original stories on this theme with surprising elements. We expect this anthology will appeal to writers of historical, ghost stories and horror fiction, and to fans of swashbuckling pirate adventures.
Submissions should be sent to [email protected] as word documents or rtf files.
Your email subject header should read ‘SURNAME/PIRATES/WORD COUNT (include word count)
All submissions should;
Be 2,000 to 6,000 words (max)
Be typed in Courier or Times New Roman 12
Be typed in line with Standard Manuscript Format. Details can be found at http://www.shunn.net/format/story.html
Include your full details (name/address/telephone number/email address)
Previously published stories will be considered for this anthology. Authors will retain copyright.
Multiple submissions up to a maximum of two stories per author can be submitted.
We will write to you within approximately four weeks of the submission deadline to let you know if you have been successful.
We will pay 5% royalties after cost per story published.
- Taking Submissions: The Audient Void: A Journal of Weird Fiction and Dark Fantasy - October 18, 2019
- Guest Post: Embracing Failure: The Requirements of Growth - October 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Clockhouse - October 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Colp: Black & Grey - October 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Great Weather For Media - October 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec February Issue 2020 - October 16, 2019
- We’ve Partnered With Commaful For A Halloween Story Contest - October 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Fiyah – Unthemed Issue - October 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Brave New Girls - October 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Best New True Crime Stories: Small Towns - October 14, 2019