- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Darkness Wired
Deadline: September 1st, 2019
Payment: $15.00 to $20.00 and 2 contributors copies
New century – New tech – New ways to defeat the monsters?
Give us your take on the intersection of elder gods, old monsters and new technology
Are the old monsters too far behind us?
In this era where almost everyone can instant share to the web, where almost everyone carries in their pockets a powerful computer that can take movies, and record events, in a time when we are a few years away from colonizing planets — are the Elder Gods defeated? Quaint? A joke?
Would you live tweet Dagon’s forces rising from the depth to put an end to your cruise ship special? Maybe vlog Shib-Nigurath tromping trough your city park?
Or would they use the new technology to conquer this blue marble, corrupt social apps databases to elect unfit to serve, orange hued puppets. Would they alter vaccines or launch nuclear warheads?
Darkness Wired, the anthology
Unless specified otherwise, we’re looking for stories that are:
2000-8,000 words long, original (No reprints) short story (if longer, ask first). Edited. Some minor grammatical errors will be accepted but if the submission requires major overhauls, it will be returned to you to edit before being accepted.
You must use the information provided in this link. Grab one of the events and go to town!
Each author receives $15.00 to $20.00. Payment is based on story length and quality.
Author copies: two paperback copies and a digital copy of the book. Register for details and upload link.
For this collection, we ask for exclusive first worldwide electronic and print rights for one year and nonexclusive rights afterwards. For reprints, we will ask for nonexclusive reprinting rights.
First page should have:
Your name: Your name and pen name if you use your pen name.
Contact information: Email, phone
Anthology entry: Yes
Title of story: Title of your manuscript
8.5″ × 11″ layout
Times New Roman font.
Headers: 18 points font size
Body of text: 12-point font-size.
Submission Period: All submissions must be received between June 10, 2019 and September 1, 2019. Any story sent before or after will be deleted unread.
We welcome everyone and want to encourage diversity and originality, work by authors from marginalized groups. If you are a person of color, you are LGBTQ, or belong to some other group that is underrepresented in the genre, we want to hear from you.
Do not send us poetry, screenplays, stories that are being considered by another market (also known as simultaneous submissions), or manuscripts without any plot (may the Elder gods piss in your cereal if you do).
Deadline: September 01, 2019
Via: NPH Zone.
- Taking Submissions: The One and Future Kingdom - September 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Other Stories (Vol 46.) Beyond Death - September 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Cosmic Roots And Eldritch Shores - September 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Underbelly Magazine #5 - September 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Glitter + Ashes: Queer Tales of a World That Wouldn’t Die - September 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: “Deep Underground” Novellas - September 18, 2019
- Contest: Tales From The Moonlit Path: Halloween Special Edition - September 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Resistance Art Attack - September 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: LampLight Magazine - September 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Trouble Among The Stars #4 - September 16, 2019