- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Bad Dream Untitled Horror & Humor Anthology
December 31, 2018
Deadline: December 31st, 2018
Payment: 0.06/word and royalties, split evenly from fifty percent of the book’s gross sales profit
For our first new anthology of short fiction after a two year hiatus, Bad Dream is now accepting submissions of humorous dark fiction. Editor Brett Reistroffer is looking for original horror fiction with a strong sense of comedy, and most themes, subjects, and settings are welcome but standard genre tropes are definitely discouraged (vampires, zombies, werewolves, etc.). The comedic aspect can be goofy and slapstick or black and morbid, just as long as there are equal amounts of darkness and humor. Horror has always been fertile ground for that unique juxtaposition and it’s exactly what we are looking for, so check out the specifics in the guidelines below and send in your best original horror humor.
-Stories should be between 1,500 and 8000 words in length, a few hundred on either side is fine, but if you have something significantly longer then you should inquire first.
-We’re not afraid of blood, sex, and bad words but we’re also not interested in purely exploitative work. If you’re using graphic material make sure it has a point and serves the story.
-The deadline for submissions is December 31st.
-Multiple submissions are allowed, but limited to a maximum of two. You can submit additional stories after receiving responses for current submissions.
-Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but please, please let us know as soon as possible if a submission is accepted elsewhere while still in our queue.
-We are looking for original fiction only, no reprints. First-time English translations are acceptable, however.
-Submissions should be in standard manuscript format, with contact info and word counts on the first page. File types should be in .doc, .txt, .odt, or .rtf only. We don’t accept submissions in PDF format.
-Payment for accepted stories will be $0.06/word, and Bad Dream Entertainment claims First Rights for electronic and print mediums (in English only). All authors included in the anthology will also receive royalties, split evenly from fifty percent of the book’s gross sales profit.
-Response times will be between two and four weeks unless the volume gets out of hand, and we will update everyone as necessary here and on social media if that is the case.
Send submissions to: submissions [at] baddreamentertainment [dot] com, and keep it creepy!
Via: Bad Dream Entertainment.
- The Unholy Trinity: Barrel - January 18, 2019
- SFWA Is Raising Pro Rate For Short Fiction To Eight Cents Per Word - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Suburban Review #13: LUCK - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Even Furries Hate Nazis - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Tales from the Space Force - January 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Historic Heroines - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: parABnormal Magazine - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Remain Magazine - January 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec May Issue 2019 - January 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Alternative Apocalypses - January 14, 2019