Taking Submissions: About Once Upon a Future Time, Volume 4
Deadline: February 29th, 2024
Payment: 0.05 per word, maximum payout of $400
Theme: Fairy tales being retold as science fiction
About Once Upon a Future Time, Volume 4
Return to a future full of mystery, magic, and malevolence. How can you tell friend from foe when faced with the cold darkness of outer space? The asteroid belt holds as much danger as the darkened woods, and the huntsman may be just another bounty hunter. The same warnings and concerns that were whispered over baby cradles and guarded by knights in shining armor can be found in the far reaches of space, but just a bit more…alien.
The future is as expansive as the universe and full of untold stories. Rumors whispered in the dark of night and legends shared throughout the day.
Is Cinderella’s fairy godmother truly a fairy, or is she perhaps a visitor from another world? Perhaps the rings of Saturn are giant gems and the far off supergiant is nothing more than glowing cotton candy. Was the beast transformed by a curse, or is he an offworlder in disguise?
There are as many tales as there are stars in the sky and now is your chance to share yours, once upon a future time.
This anthology will be the fourth anthology installment based on fairy tales retold as science fiction.
- All genres welcome. Submissions must be all ages appropriate.
- Original, never before published content
- Submissions are to be 250-15,000 words
- Based upon a fairy tale or folk tale (Include title of original tale after author name in the manuscript)
- Standard manuscript format (https://www.shunn.net/format/classic/)
- No AI generated work
- No prior submissions
- No simultaneous submissions
- Period of exclusivity until three months past publication
- Author grants non-exclusive global, English language hardcover, paperback, eBook, and audiobook licenses in perpetuity for use of the work in the anthology “Once Upon a Future Time, Volume 4.”
- Those authors whose stories are selected for inclusion within “Once Upon a Future Time, Volume 4” will receive a complimentary copy of the book, access to a special author discount rate for copies of the book, and paid at a rate of $0.05 per word, maximum payout of $400 (submissions longer than 8,000 words will only be paid for 8,000 words). No other royalties or payments will be made.
Submissions accepted until February 29, 2024.
Submit at The Brother’s Uber Moksha.
Via: The Brothers Uber.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!