- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Great Wars
April 1, 2022
Deadline: April 1st, 2022
Payment: $50 and 3 contributor’s copies
Theme: Write a story about a historical war of any culture and any era and change one aspect of it to see how the war might change and explore from there!
LBP is pleased to announce that we will be accepting short story submissions through April 1st, 2022.
We will choose 8-12 submissions to be published in our 2022 fall anthology, Great Wars!
The prompt: Write a story about a historical war of any culture and any era and change one aspect of it to see how the war might change and explore from there!
Examples: How would the Revolutionary War change if soldiers on all sides had access to advanced weapons, such as those which are laser-powered?
Accepted stories will be published in the ‘Great Wars’ anthology! E-book and print!
- Every genre qualifies.
- Works must be previously unpublished.
- Must be at least 3k but no more than 9k.
- Submissions must be in Times New Roman 12pt.
- No headers or footers, please. Name and title on top/left of the first page.
- The submissions deadline is before midnight April 1st, 2022.
- We encourage gender fluidity, gender-bending, LGBTQIA+ retellings, and whatever else feels appropriate to YOU for the story you want to tell.
- All submissions must be submitted to [email protected]. Add ‘Great Wars Submission’ in the subject line.
- Authors will be notified by email (acceptance or decline) no later than April 15th, 2021.
If accepted, contributors will receive $50.00 as a flat fee for their story and receive (3) author copies of the printed anthology after publication. Contributors will be paid via PayPal.
Due to high postage rates (and/or postal accessibility) to some regions in the world, author copies may not be feasible and we’ll adjust the flat fee to accommodate.
- Authors will retain the copyrights to the story.
- If selected, the Author agrees not to publish or permit others to publish the story in any form prior to its publication and appearance in the Anthology for a period of twelve  months after the publication of the Anthology without the prior written permission of the anthologist.
- Please contact us at [email protected]
Via: Lost Boys Press.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!