Payment: 6 cents/word up to 1000 words and a flat rate of $60 for longer stories. $20 for reprints.
Note: Reprints Welcome
We pay 6 cents/word up to 1000 words and a flat rate of $60 for longer stories. $20 for reprints.
What we’re interested in:
Stories up to 10,000 words; query for longer. All stories must be furry. That means an anthropomorphic animal figure should be significantly featured in your story — it could be anthropomorphic in body or only intelligence. We’ll consider any type of furry fiction from secret life of animals to fox in Starbucks. We love science-fiction with animal-like aliens and fantasy with talking dragons, unicorns, or witch familiars.
We are interested in underrepresented voices. If you have personal experience relevant to your story, feel free to mention it in your cover letter. For instance, if your story is about a space unicorn and you are a space unicorn (or a research biologist who studies space unicorns), let us know. We welcome and will be looking for diverse voices. We are not interested in stories that give voice to racist or sexist ideologies.
Please do not simultaneously submit a story to us and another market. For multiple submissions, please query. For reprints, please tell us where and when the story was published before.
How to submit:
Please send us an email at [email protected] (except with fewer koalas) with the subject line, “SUBMISSION: Title, Word Count.” Attach your story in Standard Manuscript Format as a .doc, .docx, or .rtf file. Please keep your cover letter brief. Something like the following is fine:
Dear Story Wrangler,
I would like to offer my attached story, “Awesome Furry Story,” for your consideration. I hope you like it!
I’ve previously had stories published in Awesome Market, Another Market, Yet Another Market.
If you haven’t had any stories published before, don’t worry! We love discovering new voices.
- Taking Submissions: Electric Athenaeum - May 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Grumpy Old Gods Vol. 3 Halloween Edition - May 20, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 05/19/2019 - May 19, 2019
- 10 steps to start writing a book - May 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Ricky’s Back Yard – How HORROR-able - May 17, 2019
- Unholy Trinity: The Soul Trilogy - May 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: The Mighty Line - May 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: All Dark Places 2 - May 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Fire and Brimstone - May 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Cafe Irreal August 2019 - May 15, 2019