Ongoing Submissions: Dragon Gems
Payment: 2 cents per word
Theme: Fantasy or science fiction
Thank you for your overwhelming response to our Call for Submissions! Due to the sudden increase in the number of submissions we are currently receiving, it may take up to 90 days before we can inform you of our decision whether we would like to work with you to publish your work.
Dragon Gems is our publishing program for your short fiction when a novel just won’t do.
Published in digital format, and priced at a reasonable 99¢, your story will still receive the same promotional support as we provide for any of the books we publish, and be distributed through the same online distribution marketplaces.
Your story may also be selected to be included in our annual short story anthology.
- should be approximately 2,000 – 10,000 words in length.
- should be fantasy or science fiction (or at least contain fantastical elements).
- should not contain erotica, or excessive violence or gore.
- can be part of an ongoing series you might be writing.
- can have been previously published (with proof that you hold the current publishing rights).
- may be submitted simultaneously to other markets (but please let us know).
Please submit only one story per submission and only one story per month.
Payment will be $0.02 per word + access to ten (10) digital contributor copies upon publication.
Send us your complete, finished manuscripts in digital (.DOCX, .RTF, or .ODT) format to dragongems (at) waterdragonpublishing.com. Please use a standard manuscript format. If you’re not sure what one is, here’s a good source.
Include the following in your cover letter/email:
- Title of your story
- Your legal name
- Your preferred name (if different from your legal name)
- Your physical mail address
- Your preferred email address
- Story genre
- Approximate word count
If you’re not sure if your story is something that we’d be interested in publishing, please feel free to query us at dragongems (at) waterdragonpublishing.com in advance of submitting your manuscript.
Please check out our general Submissions FAQ if you have additional questions before contacting us.
Please don’t contact us about the status of your manuscript unless at least 90 days have passed since we acknowledged receiving it. If you did not receive a acknowledgement within seven business days of submitting your manuscript to us, then please feel free to contact us.
Via: Dragon Gems.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!