Taking Submissions: Hidden Realms
Deadline: July 11th, 2022
Payment: 8 cents/6 pence per word for original stories, 6 cents/4 pence for reprints.
Theme: A setting in an area that is normally hidden from regular people.
Note: Reprints Welcome
We’re delighted to let you know this new call for submissions is open! Please read through submission details carefully before sending us your stories and ensure you include HIDDEN REALMS first in the subject of your email.
Hidden Realms Short Stories
Open your mind to contemplate the ways in which places can be hidden – tucked away in remote corners of the world, buried underground, existing on another physical plane or a different dimension in time or on a quantum level, on another planet, accessible only to those with the secret knowledge, or even in plain sight under our noses… They may be inhabited by beings just like you and me, or creatures utterly different to us. Hidden Realms Short Stories will delve into the secret corridors, the hidden doors at the end of the alley, the hole in the trunk of an ancient oak. Your new submissions will sit alongside classic tales from many traditions, including classic literature (from Alice in Wonderland to Sir Gawain and the Green Knight) or even tales of the hidden city of Harar in Ethiopia, exploring the adventures of hidden places, secret gardens, and shadow lands in forests and mountains, in the swamps and wild places of our world, and beyond.
Submissions to [email protected]
- Multiple submissions are fine.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine but you must have the right to license your story in an anthology.
- For accepted stories we pay Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA) rates of 8 cents/6 pence per word for original stories, 6 cents/4 pence for reprints.
- We will aim to read each story and confirm its status within 4 months of the submission deadline.
- Payment for the chosen stories will be made within 30 days of the final advertised publication date (see our website flametreepublishing.com for details), although some may be paid earlier than that.
- Submission does not imply the right to publication. Each story will be read and assessed by the selection panel.
- Submit your story to [email protected]
- Word length is most likely to be successful at 2000-4000 words, but we will still read stories slightly outside this range
- Let us know in your submission email whether your story would be a reprint or is currently unpublished
- Please submit in .doc, .docx or .rtf formats, double spaced, with your name and email address in the footer or header of each page
- If submitting a story that has recently been submitted to us for consideration to another anthology, please state this in the submission email
- Deadline for submissions is 11th July 2022
The Flame Tree Gothic Fantasy, Classic Stories and Epic Tales collections bring together the entire range of myth, folklore and modern short fiction. Highlighting the roots of suspense, supernatural, science fiction and mystery stories, the books in the Flame Tree Collections series are beautifully presented, highly collectable and offer a lifetime of reading pleasure.
Thank you, and good luck!
Via: Flame Tree Publishing.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!