Shock Totem Publications is…
OPEN for novel/novella submissions.
CLOSED for short story submissions, as Shock Totem, the magazine, is currently on HIATUS.
Please choose the proper category from the list below when submitting. No simultaneous/multiple submissions.
Please follow our guidelines, which can be found at http://www.shocktotem.com/guidelines. Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will be deleted.
All submissions are responded to via e-mail. Sometimes, as happens with e-mail, something goes wrong and the e-mail does not arrive. If you have not heard from us within 90 days, you can query us, but you can also check the status of your submission by signing into your Submittable account.
The Shock Totem Team
For novel submissions (40,000 words or more) and novella submissions (17,500 to 40,000 words).
Please make sure your submission falls withing the confines of dark fantasy and horror—mystery, suspense, supernatural, morbid humor, fantasy, etc. Submissions must have a clear horror element.
All of the details can be found on Shock Totem’s Submittable.
- Taking Submissions: Welcome to Miskatonic University - April 25, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Beauty of Death 2 – Death By Water - April 24, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Deadman’s Tome: Horrors of War – Disposable Heroes - April 24, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 04/23/2017 - April 23, 2017
- Taking Submissions: A Midas Clutch: Tales of Opulent Horror - April 21, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Likely Red - April 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec August Issue 2017 - April 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Violet Hour Magazine August/September 2017 Issue - April 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Broad Knowledge - April 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Year’s Best Body Horror - April 17, 2017