Shock Totem Publications is…
OPEN for novel/novella submissions.
CLOSED for short story submissions, as Shock Totem, the magazine, is currently on HIATUS.
Please choose the proper category from the list below when submitting. No simultaneous/multiple submissions.
Please follow our guidelines, which can be found at http://www.shocktotem.com/guidelines. Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will be deleted.
All submissions are responded to via e-mail. Sometimes, as happens with e-mail, something goes wrong and the e-mail does not arrive. If you have not heard from us within 90 days, you can query us, but you can also check the status of your submission by signing into your Submittable account.
The Shock Totem Team
For novel submissions (40,000 words or more) and novella submissions (17,500 to 40,000 words).
Please make sure your submission falls withing the confines of dark fantasy and horror—mystery, suspense, supernatural, morbid humor, fantasy, etc. Submissions must have a clear horror element.
All of the details can be found on Shock Totem’s Submittable.
- Taking Submissions: Liminality Poetry Magazine - July 20, 2018
- Video Refresh: Nina Johnson Interview - July 20, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Wicked Words Quarterly - July 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Bikers VS The Undead (tentative title) - July 19, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Worlds Without Master - July 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Spoon Knife 4: A Neurodivergent Guide to Spacetime - July 17, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Nightlight Podcast - July 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec November Issue 2018 - July 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Bikes in Space Trans & Nonbinary Edition - July 16, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 07/15/2018 - July 15, 2018