Reading Periods: September 15 – January 15 and March 15 – July 15
Payment: $25 and a contributor’s copy
Outlook Springs is a literary journal from another dimension. It is devoted to your PREVIOUSLY UNPUBLISHED fiction, poetry, and non-fiction tinged with the strange. Submit one story or essay at a time (up to 7,500 words) or up to five poems (Important: Submit all poems as 1 document). Please do not submit more than twice per reading period, unless told otherwise by an editor.
Our reading periods are:
September 15 – January 15
March 15 – July 15
(See categories for descriptions & details.)
Submission Guidelines: Keep it simple. 12 pt font. Double-Spaced. Name and page number on each page. Cover letter should include contact information, as well as anything else you would like our editors to know about you. Make sure to read our genre-specific guidelines. Please don’t conceal hexes and/or curses within these cover letters.
Important note: we do not accept paper submissions.
Non-Important note: we can’t seem to find the cap to our toothpaste. We’ve looked everywhere.
Simultaneous submissions are a-OK in our book, but please notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere. Outlook Springs acquires first serial printing rights. All rights revert to the author upon publication. For fiction and non-fiction, contributors will be paid $25 in addition to a contributor’s copy. Poets will be paid $10 per poem in addition to one contributor’s copy total.
Other questions? E-mail us at: [email protected]
- Ongoing Submissions: Historic Heroines - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: parABnormal Magazine - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Remain Magazine - January 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec May Issue 2019 - January 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Alternative Apocalypses - January 14, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Creatures - January 14, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 01/13/2019 - January 13, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Glass & Gardens: Solarpunk Winters - January 11, 2019
- Video Refresh: Taking The Next Step - January 11, 2019
- The Unholy Trinity: Unnatural Creatures – Aberrant Behavior - January 11, 2019