It’s June, and that means warmer weather, Father’s day, and hopefully a great month for your writing! We’re hoping that the change in seasons will inspire you to be that much more creative this year. If you’re not feeling it, I’d like to point out that it is also the Summer Solstice and World Blood Donor day this month. Both of these could quite easily inspire some speculative fiction so do try to stay festive with what is going on if you are hitting a sticking point while putting pen to paper.
Side note, as a father myself I do stress that you, please give your father a hand this month on something if you’re on good terms with yours!
This is going to be a bit of a brief update. Usually, I am finishing up this post a day or so before it is going live and this is being written about a week in advance due to a combination of a vacation and a HUGE project at the day job which has me pretty swamped on things.
That being said, let’s move forward with the update!
Seriously once again a huge thanks to everyone who donates to our Patreon. We’ve had two new patreons sign on to help out the site the last month which will be a huge help going forward. THANK YOU NEW AND OLD PATREONS. I can’t stress enough that even an extra dollar a month helps us expand the site.
Last month we added a few donation levels so please be sure to check out the Patreon page for more details!
These new levels will help us pay all of our contributors sooner if we can make those goals!
We are super ahead on short stories for this year and are loving how much quality work is hitting the TWF inbox! We’re still a bit light on drabbles but are still planned ahead pretty far at this point. You’re all rocking the writing and we love you for it!
If you’ve been loving any of these shorts please be sure to comment on the post that contains them so that the authors can hear what you think!
Oh, wait, you’re probably still reading because you want an update on the anthology aren’t you. It looks like we’re closing in on the finish line and I think we should be wrapping things up in the very near future to launch it!
What Is New At The Horror Tree?!
- This month we had interviews with Michael Kamp, Kenneth Goldman, Nina Johnson, and
- We also had a guest post by Arthur Unk with some social media savvy advice!
What Is About To Grow At The Horror Tree?
Last month we referenced an interactive game which was in the works, and as soon as a bit of artwork has been finalized, we’re going to be launching it! This is a fun little distraction that we hope you’ll be able to enjoy.
Also, we have thoughts on launching some videos which will be mini-roundups of articles and potentially some of the Trembling With Fear drabbles. We’re still working out the details on that second aspect though!
A Brief Update!
Once again, we’re trying to share how the Horror Tree is growing socially. One of these days I will figure out exactly how to really grow these avenues and if you have any suggestions please be sure to reach out!
- Horror Tree’s Twitter – Moved from 6634 to 6646 followers. Our lowest jump in months but it at least was a positive move!
- Horror Tree’s Facebook – Minor bump in readers here. We had 1706 and went up to 1734! Slightly larger bump than last month!
- Horror Tree’s Instagram – Now this one had a decent bump in views! Last month we ended up with 188 and this month we’ve jumped up to 223. While there isn’t many readers coming into the site from Instagram, we are getting a TON of views here from author quotes alone and will likely start posting articles and more there soon!
- Horror Tree’s Pinterest – Here we jumped from 8 to 10 followers though have a ton of non-follower views.
- Horror Tree’s YouTube launched with a single video! So far, 18 subscribers! Not a ton, but nto bad with how little I’ve had time to promote or add to it!
As always, I hope we’re helping you out and we’d love to see your comments with any suggestions or thoughts on what we’re doing! Thanks for being a reader!
- SFWA Is Raising Pro Rate For Short Fiction To Eight Cents Per Word - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Suburban Review #13: LUCK - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Even Furries Hate Nazis - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Tales from the Space Force - January 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Historic Heroines - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: parABnormal Magazine - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Remain Magazine - January 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec May Issue 2019 - January 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Alternative Apocalypses - January 14, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Creatures - January 14, 2019