Taking Submissions: Women Destroy [Retro] Science Fiction
Deadline: November 30th, 2020
Payment: Flash (700-1500 words, no more and no less*): $10 per piece Drabbles (up to 100 words for drabbles; 200 words for double drabbles*): $1-3 per piece up to triple drabbles (300 words). Poetry (up to 30 lines-no fancy formatting*): $5 per poem
Theme: Retro Science Fiction
Note: Female authors only
Note: Reprints Accepted
- Women authors only (Transwomen authors accepted because transwomen are women).
- Retro Science Fiction. What is retro sci fi? It’s also known as retro-futurism, and described as “the future that never was.” Something like the science fiction stories of the 40s and 50s. John DeNardo wrote a nice article about it in Kirkus Review. Link: https://www.kirkusreviews.com/features/why-i-love-retro-science-fiction/
- I want you to imagine me a future of women characters that shine and live in a world (that they created or helped to create) filled with impossible wonders.
- Flash and short stories only.
- Flash are (750 to 1500 words)
- Short stories are (1501 to 2500 words (no more)
- Reprints will be accepted on this one, just let me know where it was previously published.
- Deadline is November 30th at 11:59 pm.
Further submission guidelines can be found here.
Via: The Were Traveler.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!