Taking Submissions: Tasavvur Q1 2022
Deadline: March 15th, 2022
Payment: 2.5 cents per word
Theme: South Asian speculative fiction
Tasavvur is now open for short story submissions! Send your South Asian speculative fiction our way!
Please submit your stories before 15th March 2022 using the form below or send to [email protected]
Give us your dreamscapes and nightmares, your soaring fantasies, your futuristic miasmas. Give us also your unstructured ramblings, where a story exists at the edges, dripping with lush, brilliant prose. We are not sticklers for the usual 3-act, 5-act structures, because great storytelling is so much more than that. So send us your lores written in reverse, written in verses, written in the form of email exchanges across multiverses, or haphazard POVs.
Which is not to say we won’t accept a story with a usual structure. A good hero’s journey is a good hero’s journey. But if you’re doing that, take chances, and twist it!
There’s no topic that’s strictly taboo for us, but anything that contains the following is a hard pass from us.
- Needless animal cruelty
- Violence against minorities
- Gratuitous violence and sex.
Guidelines Set in Stone
- Stories should follow proper manuscript format (Please follow this Example)
- PDF or Doc/Docx only please (Don’t send your story in the body of the email)
- Please add your name in your file name, e.g. Sultana’s Dream by Begum Rokeya
- Maximum of 5,000 words. Minimum of 1,000 words.
- 12 Pt. Font, Double Spaced, any font which is easily readable. Eg. Times New Roman, Arial, Cambria etc.
- Original content (Never published before, even on personal blogs)
Tasavvur pays 2.5 cents per word, up to a maximum of 5,000 words. Stories slightly more than 5,000 words may sometimes be accepted on editor’s discretion. Payment will be made at the time of publication
(To submit, click the link below:)
Via: Tasavvur Magazine.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!