Taking Submissions: Colp: Desert/Dessert Theme
Deadline: March 31st, 2023
Payment: AU$5.00 for stories under 2500 words / AU$10.00 for anything above 2500 words
Theme: Desert/Dessert Theme
Colp is our ‘anything goes’ genre-free anthology collection.
Expect to see a little bit of this and a little bit of that.
Desert: a waterless, desolate area of land with little or no vegetation, typically one covered with sand.
Dessert: the sweet coarse eaten at the end of a meal.
We are currently looking for stories that feature deserts and/or desserts, so whether it is a tale about a journey into the Sahara or one about the lemon meringue pie that just wouldn’t quit, please feel free to send your work through.
Colp is for everyone and therefore we are willing to read stories that fall into any genre. So, no matter whether your story is a horror, adventure, romance, sci-fi or historical fiction piece, please send it on through. Be original. We also encourage new and unpublished writers to take the leap and get in touch.
Please ensure that you read through the general guidelines and format your submission accordingly. If you have any specific questions please contact us using the form on the home page or via the listed social media accounts.
To help make sure that your submission gets to the correct place, please include the following in the subject line of your email: Colp – DD – Story Title.
- Word count: 1000 – 5500 words
- Deadline: March 31 2023
- Payment: AU$5.00 for stories under 2500 words / AU$10.00 for anything above 2500 words
- Please no extreme erotica or stories that feature excessive violence or vulgarity (unless otherwise specified).
- We are all dog lovers here, so violence against animals is the quickest way to get your story rejected.
- All stories should be formatted appropriately. Please see here for more details.
- Ensure that your name, address, and email contact and word count are at the top of your manuscript.
- Double check your spelling and grammar before sending your work.
- Please submit all stories in .doc, .docx or .rtf formats.
- International submissions are accepted.
- No simultaneous submissions.
- Multiple submissions are encouraged.
- Where possible, we will provide feedback on request.
- No reprints.
- Please send all submissions to [email protected]
Via: Gypsum Sound Tales.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!
Hate to be a backseat copy editor, but “the sweet coarse”? Sounds a little rough to me. Unless of course, you’re a nutcracker, in which case you can turn the sweet coarse into a smooth course. 😉